Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Michigan
City
Farmington Hills
Hi All, I really appreciate all your time and comments. I have mentioned my symptoms below, please forgive my English, as I am not good at it. I am 31 yr old male.

1. Upper back pain and neck pain started around June 2015 with numbness in right hand little finger and right leg little finger, calves
2. Rheumatologist visited June-Jul 2015, all reports normal, does not indicated as rheumatologist related disease. Tried different mattress, did not help
3. Increased numbness, tingling in right portion, finger, face, eye, leg
4. Visited Neurologist Aug 29 2015, extreme weakness started on labor day weekend and continued, felt more on right hand side, appetite reduced resulted in weight loss. General check up was fine
5. Completed MRI for Neck and brain, all reports normal.
6. Did Blood tests for B12 and possible Viral infection. B12 reports normal.
7 Took Neurobion forte (B12), weakness gets better and increases hunger but still now feeling more weakness, numbness in right and left hand fingers in Morning, stiffness in finger while writing and typing.
8. Stiffness in fingers and shoulders getting tired while holding phone for long
9. Stiffness has increased a bit in fingers, wrist and little in feet and feet fingers. Sometimes difficulty in typing, wrist feels tight while moving
10. Numbness in left hand, 2 left most finger(little finger and ring finger) while waking up in the morning
11. Upper back pain is constant, but the pain increase or decreases.
12. EMG test normal

I did read all the sticky. I have been reading various comets on this site for past 2 months.

I had one concern. I have been reading on the forum about benefits of B-12 in ALS, I have been taking B12 medicine and feel little better, my B12 test was normal so not sure why I feel little better. Can B12 help in early stage of ALS?

Sorry for a long post. Thanks a lot in advance

As you read the sticky you know that your numbers 1, 3, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 have nothing to do with ALS.

B12 gives folks energy boosts.

Finally if your EMG was clean you do not have ALS.

Akki, your English is fine.

The EMG, your neurologist, our sticky post, and GregK all told you that you don't have ALS. I reviewed your list of symptoms and I agree with all of them. You don't have ALS.

And no, B-12 cannot possibly help with paralyzed muscles. It might make you feel better, but paralysis isn't about feeling bad.

Thank a lot for the replies, I have been worried as I have been feeling fatigue for almost 2 months now, with various symptoms and have been thinking ( ofcourse after readinf symptoms on Google) if it starts slow initially and than the symptoms might advance. But as you guys said ALS is about failing not feeling, will keep that in mind.

Thanks a lot again guys. I hope sone one some where listens to all the prayers and we find a cure for this.

God Bless all. Thanks a lot again for taking out time and replying.

Sorry for writing again, forgot ti mention one more thing. From past 2 nights when I try to sleep I have difficulty breathing as my tongue feels like is stuck on the roof of my mouth. Also difficulty speaking as my tongue feels tight.

Akki, you'll be pleased to know that you still don't have ALS.

Please trust your doctor and address your concerns to him.
All the best, Janelle

Akki, a dry mouth does not change anything you've been told. PLease forget about ALS and stop reading here...it will only cause you to worry about something you don't need to worry about. Best of luck with your other issues.

Thanks a lot Greg, Atsugi, Green and Nuts for your reply. Sorry to bother. Thanks again

Hi All, sorry to bother again, last night I started having numbness in by right hand little and ring finger and after sometime the numbness started in left hand little finger and ring finger. I was not able to move my fingers. I was scared as it happened in right hand little and ring finger and than in left hand little and ring finger. Is this a sympton? Also if I had any issues with my fingers, would EMG had shown those issues? Also since yesterday I have been having twitches in different part of my body.

Thanks a lot all for taking out time to read and reply

See a doctor for anxiety or mental health. Maybe search for a forum that supports people with anxiety. I think you would be a lot better of there and would get the support you need. No one who truly has this disease wants it. They would not be coming back here over and over again with new symptoms after being told their symptoms show signs pointing away from ALS. If you truly have medical issues than go to a doctor instead of googling your symptoms and continue posting here.

You need to learn to live instead of spending time on a forum where everyone is dealing with a disease that you TRULY do not want. Life is about living and with help you can have a great life. Spending time on this forum is not the way to do it. Please be kind to yourself and those of us here and stay off the forum. We are not the support system you want or need. Take the time to read or study the issues you are having and find a support group for anxiety. That will help you a lot more than stopping in here. Best wishes and get some help.

Akki, you need to leave.
There are real people here with real ALS who are dying.
The people who have been kind enough to answer your concerns are dealing with totally paralyzed loved ones who cannot feed themselves, cannot move a leg in bed, cannot scratch an itch or sometimes take a breath. Being a caregiver for an ALS patient is the hardest, most time-consuming job there is. We give up sleep to help other people with ALS.
It is quite impolite of you to take up their time once you have been told you don't have ALS.
Go see your doctor, but don't post here.

I am so so so sorry guys, did not wanted to offend anyone. So sorry again. Please forgive me.

Hi All, so sorry to come back again amd disturb you guys. Recently I started having slurr speech and scalloped tongue. So sorry to re post and bother you guys

You need to see a doctor about slurred speech and scalloped tongue. Also, you might ask yourself why you came to an ALS website to inquire about this. If, despite all the evidence, you still worry about ALS, you might need treatment for something like anxiety or OCD.

Hi Atsugi, thanks a lot for taking out time and replying. I have an appointment with Neuro on the 18th, for sure will talk to him about all the speech issues. I am sorry to bother you guys again, but as soon as I stop thinking about it, a new symtom comes up and than I start worrying again. Like this slur speech, it started with 1 or 2 words but I feel that know I slurr more than just couple of words. I will talk to the doctor on 18th. I feel so bad that I keep on bothering you guys. So sorry about that, really sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back