Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
ive searched net about hypotonicity and it keeps telling me its a lmn sign. i have predminatly umn symptoms with on /off fassic and clonus. but i have developed hypotonicity. this is loss of muscle tone and loss of a muscles natural ability to contract. last year the neuro found it by doing something to my ancle (i think he did something down the side of my foot )and my lower leg started quvering like mad, he and nurse looked on in amazement.i suspect i have pls but this lmn involvement is confusing me . mri,genetic tests etc are all ok ,i asked if it was neuropathy or myopathy he said no.its not dystropathy as reflexes are hypo. i am baffled how for instance how i can have hypo reflexes, spasticity and hypotonicity in my left leg. spasticity/increased tone/umn, hypotonicity/increased tone/lmn.u+l signs in a limb is suspect als. im going to have a emg to put my mind a rest, this is driving me round the bend lol: :

sorry read my post and found mistake . hypotonicity is decreased muscle tone lol

Olly sometimes these diseases don't make any sense, even to the dr's obviously look at you with your symptoms for sometime. How old were you when you first got this. Did you find that something triggered. I could just scream, I hate this, Ihate this, I hate this. I hate that all of these wonderful peoples lives are upside down because of these blasted diseases. I was just noticing my neighbours were up, having there mornng coffee, getting the kids off to school, and I though they have no idea how lucky they are to be healthy and just leading normal lives. I just don't enjoy things like I used to, even my morning coffee. I just want to wake up and be better. I just want to look and my son and know mommy will always be there to protect him, but I can't.

Don't ask "Why me?" ask "What for?". I believe that within every trying circumstance there is a hidden nugget of personal insight; a path to self-exploration and growth. When we approach life from this perspective, difficult times become opportunities.

In memory of Andres, a fellow ALS traveler who shed his physical form on October 4th, 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back