Diagnosis
10/2014
Country
Aus
State
Western Australia
City
Bridgetown
Well my darling BJ has started to use his electric wheelchair, I have put some bricks under his office desk so his chair fits underneath, he is finding it easier to get out of from a sitting position in comparison to his walker. I'm glad he is starting to use it as I feel he is safer in it. I'm sure we will have some interesting mishaps along t he way especially with the carer controls .
Love Gem

Gem I'm so glad you are glad.
PALS being safe is paramount and it's awesome that BJ can recognise that. It will help with his fatigue too I hope.
God bless, Janelle x

hey gem, that's great he'll love the freedom it will give him. my chair came from your side of the planet. made in Australia "Frontier"V6 great machine. happy trails love ya chally

A couple of hints. I put knit watch caps on the feet so I didn't scratch everything in the house. They didn't tell me but I found out on my own that the higher the speed the more sensitive the controls. I have door in the house with a hole in it because I didn't know that. Bed risers are what we use on my desk and the dining room table. Works like a charm and very stable. Not terribly expensive. I did splurge on wooden ones for my dining room table so they don't stick out. I'm sure you're relieved to not have to worry about him falling. Good luck!
Hollister

Great stuff Gem, I'm so glad BJ is making the graceful move himself to using the chair.

Stay safe while you get this new house going :)

Gem, I think as your BJ uses his chair more and more, he'll love it! One tip from my experience: Always turn it off when reaching for something, because you can inadverently touch the control and ram the chair into something like a countertop, pinning your arm or foot. I became very bruised as a result.
Charlene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back