Remodel

Status
Not open for further replies.
FANTASTIC!

I love it, and the thing with it is that it adds value to the house. I would just LOVE a bathroom like this without feeling a need for disabled access.

How does it feel to be back home?

Fabulous - love it, and you're going to feel so good once it's completed!

Colawoman, for the va you have to do architectural drawings. And yes they are very picky but it really is to keep the contractors honest. They make them meet specs for ada and va. Yescv it does come down to inches and half inches because you need turning room in a chair or with a lift. Out shower in total is 10"long and 4'8" wide. Since it is at an existing shower space we were given an exemption on the 5' width requirement. But the inches do matter when you or someone else is in giving your pals a shower in a roll in chair. In front of the commode is 4"10". That is a waiver of the 5' turning requirement . However keep as much space as possible. Our bathroom is not that big and short of knocking out the outside wall or giving up our closet, this was out best option. They took it down to studs/block/dirt.

The grab bars are no longer considered necessary per the va inspector I spoke with. It depends on your pals. If they have no hand or arm use they waive them. But yes everything is about the exactness. Our shower entrance was tiled by mistake so it is now 35.5" not 36" . We signed a waiver.

Remember the idea is for when your pals is less mobile or in a pwc all the time so the height of things becomes very important. Even mirrors are measured so a pals can always use one. As I mentioned earlier, they are looking out for the vet.

It is sooooo good to be home.. Furniture that fits our new surroundings starts arriving today. But really there is no place like home. The struggles will have been worth it.:):):):

So glad you are back home and happy and enjoying your new safe and beautiful remodel.

There is no place like home, enjoy
Love Gem

Auntie Em! Auntie Em! There's no place like home... :)

or should I say, Auntie Gem!

Really beautiful! Congratulations! Looks like it was worth all the wait and aggravation. Hope it eases life a little and you all really enjoy it!

Steph...I totally agree. There is no place like home. It's nice to not have to cook and clean but living under a strange roof can wear thin.
Everything looks amazing. ..even if there is no green in sight (becky you can be the queen of everything else, but I'm keeping the green crown! )

Seriously Steph, fantastic job.
God bless, Janelle x

Love the pics steph! I have Baltic brown in my kitchen too! lol. I think it was one of the more reasonably priced granites. I put some other color in my bathroom--black with teal and sparkle flakes. We only remodeled the shower never did the cabinets. that would have been a good idea for him to be able to drive under it . I can see a lot of uses for it.

Its good for steve but you lose a lot of storage. That is why I had the cabinet over the commode done. I also put the rolling baskets in the one base cabinet to expand storage. I can basically fit two cabinets of stuff in one! ;)

Steph, it's beautiful! I know you are deligted

(becky you can be the queen of everything else, but I'm keeping the green crown! )
God bless, Janelle x

Janelle, that does it, I'm going to have to find a crown for my icon.

The guest bath vanity has doors and no center piece for support. Steve can roll himself into that one even though the cabinet has a floor because it is not deep and we got a longer reaching faucet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back