Reason
Other
Country
US
State
FL
City
Orange Park
Hello everything started on February with twitching in legs mostly. Went Doctor doctor refereed me to Neuro. Neuro did neurological exam for reflexes and strength tests everything seems ok. EMG and the needle thing showed some faciculations, doctor say looks ok the only thing is that they are a bit slower than normal........... So failed that i think. twitching has ben up and down all the time sometimes more sometimes less but every day. Im anxious all the time I make my wife help me do tests all the time I freak out and cry sometimes thinking on my little boy who is 1 1/2 years old not having me there. This is ruining my marriage and life. wife wants to buy a house and I really don't want to just in case this is something bad and who is going to pay the mortgage.... I have joint pain mostly on my right knee and wrist. the leg twitching has calm down some but now my arms have these twitches that make my entire arms move. I just started feeling like food gets stuck on my Torah , water is ok. I was too scared to go to the neuro but wifey came with me last week and she send me to get a creatinini and aldolase blood test. Since 6 months ago I have become separated from any joy of life thinking the worst and the only thing is that I have always been the one that pulls my family fordwards and Im depress thinking I may be the one who sinks us this time.

Welcome back, Carlitos. Your English is fine. I read all your posts and I can assure you that you do not have ALS.

When you posted here before, several very smart people said you don't have ALS. They were right.

Do not worry about the EMG results. If you had ALS, it would have shown up on the EMG, but it didn't.

Your strength test was OK. That's great. You don't have any paralysis.

If the neurologist was not worried about anything, then you should not be worried, either.

Twitching is caused by many things, and even many healthy people have twitches. Twitches are so common that they are not diagnostic of anything. You should ask your doctor about the tremors.

But you do have serious problems with anxiety and depression. You should get those treated so you can enjoy your family and your family can enjoy you.

I'm not a doctor, so I can't diagnose what you might have, but I know ALS pretty well and you don't have ALS.

"... the only thing is that they are a bit slower than normal........... So failed that i think."

Nerve speed is measured during the Nerve Conduction Study (NCS), not the EMG (the test with the needles), so I think you are wrong is believing you failed your EMG. The "bit slower than normal" nerve speed is not indicative of ALS. The joint pain and twitching are not indicative of ALS. Food getting stuck is also not indicative of ALS.

"Since 6 months ago I have become separated from any joy of life thinking the worst and the only thing is that I have always been the one that pulls my family fordwards and Im depress thinking I may be the one who sinks us this time."
Go see your PCP and tell him exactly what you wrote above. You should not let your anxiety about a disease you don't have ruin your life. Get help now!

Thank you guys. I promised my wife if the future tests come out ok I will go to a therapist to help with my depression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back