Diagnosis
10/2017
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Northern
I have my flight booked for Saturday and keep checking days off the calendar until I go. The updates I'm getting lead me to believe things are continuing to get worse. My father is saying that he can't breathe on the bipap and now he's starting to stay in bed and sleep more. I have so many emotions going all at once I'm just beside myself today.

has your mom had the Respiratory therapist come back to the house and work with your dad on the bipap?

glad you are going on Saturday. you will be glad no matter what.

Respiratory came the other day. He thought they messed with his settings but they said they didn't touch them. So, so hard.

Star, I would call again and let them know. They may be able to help.

I gather your mom isn't going to be adjusting the BiPAP, Star, but if the RT doesn't pan out (I would start by asking her to check the machine data and most likely adjust PS), I'd be happy to walk your brother or you through a couple of button pushes. Certainly, contact the RT, find out what they saw when they came out, that _didn't_ call for any adjustment.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks. They are calling again today. I hope there's something that can be done to provide relief. I'll let you know Laurie. Thanks for the offer!

at the very least they need to help him get comfortable on it and adjust as needed. if he isn't using it because he "cant breathe" with it, they need to spend some time with him so it actually helps him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back