Status
Not open for further replies.
Have learned a lot of lessons this week. Thank you Laurie for all the technical info and support. Managing ALS (as much as it can be done) requires new skills and knowledge, and some stretching way outside my comfort zone. I'm learning where I can go for that support and where I may not find it. My expectations are shifting. There is no one who cares more about my PALS's well-being than I, so I need to take charge and not wait for our medical community to step up. Laurie, thank you for getting us over this rough spot and giving me the skills to use the next time.

Becky does that mean you got it adjusted now with Laurie's help?

The one thing thru this whole journey that I have learned is this forum and its wise members can provide more help and knowledge than any medical professional I have come across. Experience counts for a lot.

Recently at a counseling appointment my son was speaking of life with adhd and autism and how no one understood. He is working with his counselor to do a first person inservice for the teachers at his school. I feel it is like this with als. Outside of this forum, no one really gets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back