Diagnosis
10/2017
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Northern
I'm happy to report the bathroom is in the 'finishing touches' stage as of today. Once it's all dolled up I'll post final pics

We weren't able to use the VA grant because we were too far behind the ball in getting things sorted out, but we were able to get a good deal on the work through a family friend. I had to design it based on info from Google and advice from all of you here but Hospice was very happy with it. Maybe I have another career in my future... :)

Attachments

• bath1.jpg
    bath1.jpg
    607.1 KB · Views: 183
  • bath2.jpg
    bath2.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 275
  • Bath3.jpg
    Bath3.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 283
wow! I love it. you have great taste and did great It is almost exactly how I picture mine to turn out colors and all. Today as day one of our long bathroom remodel process. The contractors did do well today. Completely gutted the room in one day. They told us 4-6 week but hoping for less.

It's beautiful, Star.

If your folks have the energy for it, they can still go through the VA to have other modifications done to make the house more accessible.

Thanks! It actually only took 2 1/2 weeks. Gutted entirely in one day. The estimate was 4 weeks so I was pleasantly surprised. Today they go to the VA for the 2nd time to hopefully finalize the PWC process. Seems things either got confused, we were steered in the wrong direction or the ball was dropped over the past 6 weeks. I hope this is it and we will have everything we need after today.

We've had wonderfu AND frustrating experiences with the VA. I honestly think the procurement process was a problem because of understaffing, but we've learned to follow up on everything. It surprised me to learn that once an order is placed, there is generally no follow up. If you don't tell them that something hasn't arrived, they don't know. On only one item was I called and asked anything before payment was made (and the provider still owed us a sling, so they didn't get paid until I contacted contracting to let them know I was happy). Other things are just paid for up front, and if you don't follow up the prosthetics department never knows that they didn't arrive.

I'm glad you have the chair straightened out and the shower about done. These things will make life much easier.

Now, how about a shower chair and a lift? Are they in the works? I could give you an entire list, but I think that's been done in the stickies. If your dad is not being deluged with equipment and suggestions, let us know. Now that your folks are willing to make changes, it's time to stock them up!

Wow.. That looks awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back