Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there Beebe!

Yep, still teaching. I haven't heard an update about Gail for quite a while. It sounds like Jack is sort of where Kathy is. She got her feeding tube this last fall...uses it mostly for supplemental liquids and I think some meds that are too big to swallow. She still eats okay on her own. Before her peg procedure, her FVC was at 47%. She has a bipap, but hates it. She can't seem to find a mask that fits properly so it either slips during the night or makes farting noises. Also, if she has a coughing attack, she can't get the mask off and has to try to wake up her husband. I'm hoping that we can find a mask that works, because I'm sure she's not getting the oxygen that she needs (nor is she getting rid of the carbon dioxide). It's good to be back on the forum. I hope to keep in touch more now!

Marcia

Hey girl, Your doing a great job, being a friend thru such a heart breaking adventure is no easy feat. Remember you will have some more great moments together. Tomorrow has the new hope of a smile or if your lucky a good giggle over something. Hang in there and keep being wonderful.

Hey Marcia

Hi there, Good to hear from you. I can't believe it'll be 2 years either. Time does fly. Sent an email to Barb, hopefully I'll hear from her. Good to have you back on. Fondly, Beebe

Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone:

I needed to vent and I would have said worse words but the forum won't let me. ha ha.

Al I have had so many glasses of wine this week, my tears were a nice shade of burgundy. :)

Marcia and Beebe, Gail seems to be about the same as Jack and Kathy. She just got her feeding tube a week before Christmas, she can no longer talk but thank Heavens she can still type somewhat. It is really hard to communicate. I really miss hearing her voice.

Jeanne, You always know exactly what to say. You have such a great heart and I always feel comforted after hearing your words. Thank you.

Thanks to the members I haven't talked to before. I appreciate your support and words reminding me that we are all in this together.

It is so comforting knowing that you are all here and truly understand. Bad days happen, but like Al always says. "one day at a time"! Tomorrow Gail and I are going to watch Hairspray together. I can't wait.

Thanks again, you are all in my thoughts

Barbie xo :neutral:

Hey Barb, When you coming over for a drink here Maybe even feed you this time.
AL

hey Al

Hey Al:

Hopefully sooner than later. I worked alot over the holidays and am now trying to catch up. So much for the part time job! now things have slowed down to a nice one shift a week. I will have to sweet talk my D.D. too. ha ha.

Have a great day and keep those funnies coming. You always send the funniest ones. makes me laugh out loud.

Barb:)

Well my transportation is going to Florida for Feb. so will be housebound. Might be an idea to plan something for then.
AL.

Hi AL

Hi there, Too bad you live so far I'd even cook. lol My Best to you, Beebe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back