Diagnosis
10/2017
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Northern
My mother just told me that a woman from the VA dropped by tonight to tell them that the coordinator they're working with will no longer be handling their case and they're getting someone new. She had them sign a power of attorney form and said she would bring a copy tomorrow.

Does this sound correct? When I asked why is was needed she said because they're handling very confidential information. I am freaking out not knowing what is going on here.

What's the subject: house mod, nurses?

If it is for.pva it could be totally legit. Otherwise, The social workers and others can move things along sometimes more quickly if they know what you need and want done .

Having reps at the VA change isn't a big deal, I'm on my third rep dealing with the SAH. I've never signed a Power of Attorney with them. Did your mother recognize the lady? I'd call the VA tomorrow morning and talk to them about it; just to confirm it was a VA Employee.

Bill

I think whoever the contact is will work on the home improvement and vehicle grants. She knew the woman but didn't know she was coming. My mother never questions anything and trusts everyone is looking out for them. Just makes me nervous.

My husband signed a power of attorney that is strictly for the PVA to handle his claim/benefits with the VA. Never signed one for the VA and never will. Maybe you should get a power of attorney along with your mom for your dad. The VA will talk directly to you if you supply them with a valid power of attorney.

That is what we did. We emailed a copy of the poa. Life became much easier.

Here's another voice saying that if it was for the PVA rep, that's ok, but I've never heard of the VA using a POA or coming to the house to get paperwork signed. I would check to insure that it was the PVA rep.

I'm heading there on Thursday. I need take a look at this and many other things. Never a dull moment!

The va, at steve's inpatient assessment, took a copy of the poa and living will. He also filled out advance directive paperwork with them and medical information release paperwork. During the housing grant, steve was losing the ability to write quickly and many papers had to be signed. He gave verbal approval when I wasn't home for the poa to be put into effect. I sent it when I got home. From this point forward, I can sign medically or on the compensation/grant side since we filed it with both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back