Status
Not open for further replies.
Neil, I think you have put it perfectly. Certainly better than anything I could have written.

May I add, PALS are not a burden to their families. They ARE family.

> I've always thought that suicide is a selfish act because it causes so much suffering for the loved ones you leave behind. And, in so many cases, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary issue.

I agree with the first part of this, I guess that's what my wife was saying, but for our select group, I don't agree with the second part. We don't have a temporary issue, its permanent and its gruesome and it only gets worse day by day.

When I wrote the second part, I surely wasn't referring to us. Suicide in general. I know ours is permanent!
Hope you understand,
Marty

last night i found my mother dead in her recliner. she went to bed and she never woke up. i was there for her last breath as she was there for my first breath.

she will not suffer anymore which is what she wanted. a peaceful sleep.

thank you all for your thoughts and well wishes. you gave me a lot of support when i needed it most. i am more than grateful to all of you here. i want all of you to know that you made a difference in my life and in what was left of my mother's life.

i wish all of you all the peace that this life has to offer.

Good luck, FoxMedic. She is released from her torment, and your family is free to carry on. --Mike

I am sorry but she has found her peace. I hope you can as well

my condolences to you and your family.
Marty

Peace and strength to you and your kids, fox. Though her mistrust of her life as it had become likely prevented her from saying so, your mom knew fully how much you meant to each other, and that you wanted to help.

Best,
Laurie

I am so sorry for your loss. God be with you and your family.
Paulette

thank you all so much for all your love and support. it has meant a great deal to me. it's hard that she is gone but i am happy i was there and happy that she has found the peae that she was looking for. now the work of healing begins.

I'm glad that both you and your mother have found peace. Wishing you comfort and healing now that she is free of the monster.

so sorry for your loss Fox.

So sorry for your loss. And if I might offer one bit of advice along with my condolences it would be to try and always view your relationship with her in it's totality once you have worked past the immediate emotions.

Within a year of my Mother having her stroke my Father died unexpectedly and unfortunately due to the stress of handling my Mothers issues and his dementia our last few encounters were not what I'd preferred them to be. After his death I reminded myself that outside of that last year and a couple during my teenage years we'd had a wonderful Father/Son relationship for 47 out of 50 years (my age when he died) and if I wanted to properly honor our relationship I owed it to both of us to remember it from a global POV.

great point Brad! I hope my kids will remember their daddy the way he was

Sorry for you loss, fox. Peace and strength to you and your children as you move on.

Sorry to hear fox. She is at peace now. Always remember you are a great daughter and have many memories to hold onto. Sending strength to you and your children, hold each other tightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back