Free to a good home ... or any home for that matter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoochiegal

Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Otonabee
1 slightly used husband with a diagnosis of ALS.
He has wicked mood swings but has not bitten anyone as of yet.
He may or may not speak to you in a day.
He may snap at you for nothing, or get frustrated with your kids who love him and would do anything for him.
He likes to get up numerous times overnight and often requires coffee at ungodly hours, but he needs you to make it and hold it for him while you drink it.
He requires help with most things as he has very little use of his arms.
Needs daily showering, dressing and feeding.
Requires a home as his wife has HAD IT today.

Interested parties must be patient, kind, enjoy getting up at all hours of the night, love being run off their feet and smile when they have just sat down and he needs just one more thing.
Must never want to talk about their feelings or cry as it might make him feel bad. Must be stong at all costs.

End of rant.
But, really, if you want him, let me know.:shock:

oxox

Nikki, a copy of this has to go in the party thread!

Cheryl, I am sure there is a PALS rescue/adoption forum out there, try googling it :)

Pals adoption forum...that's where we can find a live in caregiver for Dalvin!

Oh Cheryl, I wish that I could pour you a big glass of wine! Oh, maybe a small one so that you don't get too sleepy to attend to your duties :)

Frankly, I'm tempted to put a coffee maker in the bedroom since it takes about three cups in the morning to get my sweetie up and moving. I just need to figure out how to get it close enough to the bed... Hey, maybe we could design a custom cart on wheels with enough space for a coffee maker, trilogy, urinal, and lets see...cough assist and suction machine. What else am I missing?

Oh, the coffee machine must cool the coffee and deliver it via straw. Maybe the hose from the bipap/ventilator/machine of choice could be bundled with the coffee delivery tube...

>we can find a live in caregiver for Dalvin!

speakink of Dalvin, any sign of him?

we chat on FB every now and then. He really enjoys the one on one chats.

Nikki, a copy of this has to go in the party thread!

Cheryl, I am sure there is a PALS rescue/adoption forum out there, try googling it :)

love it, Max! I will google it!:-?

Maybe we've identified the need for a new forum section?

What about offering swaps you might find a PALS you would like to take in exchange? :lol:
Actually maybe just swapping PALS around for a week or two would resolve some of the apathy towards their CALS ;)

Does he have any movement in even one finger? I made a coffee drinking contraption that gave Chris the ability to drink for himself again. I can put video of it up :)

Won't solve any of the rest, but your ability to resolve to hysterical humour was a great thing!

Does he have any movement in even one finger? I made a coffee drinking contraption that gave Chris the ability to drink for himself again. I can put video of it up :)

Won't solve any of the rest, but your ability to resolve to hysterical humour was a great thing!

Tillie[/QUOTE]

I would love t see the video, Tillie! He sure does have some movement...

Humour has to get me through days like these.
oxox

Chris only had one finger working at the end and he was still using this.

The video was made on his first try of the contraption :)

I've got more detailed photos of it and it was easy to make. I've not been able to get rid of it so it sits out in the garage ...

http://youtu.be/N92s34RzoVs

Sorry, Not willing to take on a new one that I don't know. At least with the one I've got, I know his quirks! !)

Sorry, Not willing to take on a new one that I don't know. At least with the one I've got, I know his quirks! !)

yah, better the devil you know ;-)

Great ad! You could try the kind of tricks my kids use when they don't want to do things! Like making the world worst cup of coffee on God's green earth! The silent treatment must be an actual treat for you if he is so grumpy. Honestly, this disease sticks, but doesn't give permission to make others around miserable! When my kids are giving me headaches, I say " I love you ", through clinched teeth. Finally, my 8 year old said, " You say that when you are trying to remind yourself that you love us ". To true! Lol....
Mystery loves company, don't give in. Do whatever it takes to keep your kids and you happy! Play music you love, whatever your kids and you enjoy. Shoot blow bubbles his way. You can't blow bubbles and be grumpy!

How about swapsies? My PALS is easier going, but I'm tired of dealing with female drama. Maybe I'd get along better with a guy, even a grumpy one. At least the way a guy thinks makes sense to me. ... Here's to greener grass! >:p

That might work calvin!

Oh, maybe we could do a reality TV show like the one where they swap wives...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back