03/2014
Country
US
State
California
City
Temecula
Hello,

So for about three months now my hair has been steadily falling out. Yes, this is a very girly, very vain topic, I know. I'm really starting to freak out now because I've lost about a third of my hair! When I shower it comes out in small handfuls, enough that I have to keep the Draino under my sink at the ready. I've informed my Dr And my therapist and they both seem to think that is from all the stress related to my husband's diagnosis last March. I guess on a side note, I also have lost 25lbs since we got the news. I'm sure that has something to do with the hair loss as well. Has this happened to any of you and if so, how do I stop it? Some women can totally rock a bald head (Demi Moore in GI Jane), but I really like my hair and so does my husband. Come on ladies, help me out! I can see the men reading this right now rolling their eyes lol...
Megan

Yes I've seen this happen to a family member who was stressed and lost weight down to almost anorexic levels. Good diet and relieving stress took care of it for her. You have to look out for yourself. Not so easy to do, though.

Hey Megan! I didn't lose any hair, but mine did go completely curly! I also lost weight (10 lbs) which was a good thing of course. I don't feel the stress anymore--but my hair has never gone back to it's old look. I do think losing that much weight in your case could have something to do with the hair loss--lack of vitamins and more nutrition can wreck havoc on hair. try taking a supplement for yourself and do some yoga for stress...

Megan, My hair loss didnt stop until I went on anxiety meds. I also had lost 25 lbs from trying to walk my stress away. That didn't work. Now with the meds and a protein , vegetable,fruit rich diet, with a good multivitaminI am doing much better. I still walkbut for 30-45 minutes a day not 5-7 miles a day.

Oh I'm sure stress is what is definitely causing it. I would try taking vitamins. Also, make time for walking. No better mind clearer out there. Does you therapist or doctor have you on any anxiety meds? A very small dosage might help.
If you can afford it treat yourself to some pampering like a massage. If you have a dog spend quiet time just petting them. Share with us more on here. Maybe, start blogging on here so you can clear your head to relieve the stress. Don't keep your fears to yourself. Talking about them will reduce your stress. Sending you a hug. Stop by the pub on here for a free cold one on the house.

So Megan, you HAVE been pulling your hair out! Hee Hee, tell hubby if he keeps pushing for the Harley he's going to have a bald wife.

-@Nuts ,

I told him " are you giving me chemo while I'm sleeping " and he laughed and said "No, you're just a stress trip, even before ALS!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back