back in the hospital.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sissy,
The IPAP and EPAP can be adjusted separately. I have attached the basic instructions for getting into the setup menu and a general overview of settings (the numbers they mention on the one-pager are general suggestions for other patient types, but the one I would follow is using S/T mode and setting EPAP at 4). Note that you do not have to enable AVAPS -- he may be more comfortable without volume control at this stage -- or you can lower or increase the target volume. He may need a lower target rate as each breath is still tiring. Let me know if you need more help on settings -- we can talk live if that would help.

The idea that an oximeter reading will not vary just because he is on BiPAP is ridiculous, as anyone here who has one will testify. You couldn't get out of med school thinking that, so it sounds like "don't bother us," honestly. I only mentioned oximetry (you can buy one at a drug store, BTW) because if SpO2 is consistently in the 70s or 80s that gives you a better idea that things are probably not going to stand still. Also, keeping it on his finger while you adjust the settings can help you see what settings may help the most. I agree that your clinic sounds worse than clueless/indifferent and at some point later on I would suggest that you write a strong letter to the administrator and physician-in-chief wherever it is, as well as a post here to warn others off.

I know of all us here remain ready to help however we can.

Attachments

• Preview of “PR System One Philips-Re...ician Menu Instructions”.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 704
  • AVAPS_Settings.pdf
    760.8 KB · Views: 232
Thinking of you both sissy xxx

Another thumbs up to Laurie for her detailed help with the bipap. This is what I love most about this place. Between us we have far more information and support to offer than many people would realise until they need it here.

Laurie, thank you so much for the info, you all have been our guide, support, teachers, and all in all good friends. we COULD NOT have made it through without the knowledge i have gathered here! God has rallied us, and he will continue. .unfortunately things are really not good, cant really go into alot right now, just dont have the strength..... I'm done grasping at straws, peace is in our near future, and we have gave everything to God our Father, only he will decide, what our next day, next hr will be like,
I will post when I can, thank you all again, each and every one of you have a special place in our hearts......
maybe when we all get to the other side we will all have a big party together! just what my hunny loved!
love,and light!

We are holding your hand sissy, and are by your side. You must be exhausted in every way.

Thinking of you and Ronnie tonight Sissy...stay strong--I can hear the love and peace in your words.

Hugs to you Barbie

I wish I could put my arms around you, Sissy. Know that we're thinking of you and praying for peace. Let us know when you can...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back