Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
NC
City
Littleton
We are hoping to do some traveling this year, and have questions for those who've made roadtrips. We have the wheelchair van, but in order to leave space for hubby to get in and out, there's not a lot of space for packing--especially large things. I suspect we will need to take a portable lift and a shower chair before long. All I can think to do is to load him up, then put the equipment in behind him, but then he's stuck in the van until we stop and unpack. We can do that, but does anyone have good suggestions for packing that I might not have thought of? Also, the shower chair the VA gave us is huge. What do you travel with? The transfer benches in hotels are too short now and fold down benches mean walking out over a wet floor--dangerous stuff.

If you have a van, get a roof bag to put suit cases and small stuff in it. It involves some climbing but works wonders.
Vincent

Nuts, my husband just hit me with wanting to do a last big trip this summer involving flying , renting handicap vans, figuring out what to take and what I can manage. I will absolutely figure it out but it is going to involve some creativity. I feel your packing pain;)
I am going to start looking for foldable/disposable items to use when traveling. Cheerleader will have some ideas I bet!

If u have tow hitch you could put A small cargo trailer behind you and tie things down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back