Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
PA, No longer live in ME
City
Pocono's
Does anyone have a history with the VA ALS clinic in NYC? Are they any good?

Thanks
Mike

friend of my bil goes there. Will try to get some info for you

Thanks a bunch

Mike

My brotherinlaw should see his friend on Friday so hopefully I will have some info then. We have used the VA hospital in Tampa and an outpt clinic here and have been pleasantly surprised at the quick, efficient, high quality care my husband has received. I still hear horror stories about the VA in Syracuse though.

I'm curious. If you're in Maine why not Mass General?

Veterans can get care outside of the VA system and have the VA pay for it. The Paralyzed Veterans, PVA, can help you navigate the system to ensure you get this benefit, among a multitude of other benefits.

One thing we have learned Mike, and we are just starting with the VA system so you may know, is that you have to have a primary care and psych visit once per year. They does those locally in an outpatient care clinic here so you don't need a hospital for that. Services vary greatly at each facility and the primary care ordered all meds except riluzole and lexapro and klonopin. Just a little bit of info if you are starting out.

All,
Just sold the big house and yard and are looking in PA by the water gap area (NY, NJ, PA line) to be closer to kids and grandkidw
Mike

That's a beautiful part of the country. I hope you will enjoy it.

Waiting to hear from my brother in law. Havent forgotten you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back