Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
WV
City
Southern
Mom cries all the time now. I do not see how it could be pain, because she is on enough pain meds to sink a ship. It is doubly worse because she cannot really communicate what is wrong. She will nod that there is pain, but then in a few, she will shake her head when we ask about pain...or she can act like she is just rife with pain then be asleep in the next minute. Anyone else dealing or dealt with crying like this?

Uncontrolled crying and laughing are known symptoms of some PALS. They do not have to be in pain or anything wrong other than how ALS is affecting them.

you tell your mom. im crying with her.

Santa Joe was like that.

Being bedridden, on a vent, pressure sores and no communication. I am sure I would cry too. This disease is way too cruel.

hugs to you Gil, it must be heartbreaking to watch daily.

Santa Joe was like that.

Being bedridden, on a vent, pressure sores and no communication. I am sure I would cry too. This disease is way too cruel.

hugs to you Gil, it must be heartbreaking to watch daily.

Tillie

Glad To know it is not just me. I thought I was doing something wrong. If you do not mind me asking, did he cry for hours at a time? Then sort of snap out of it, have a moment of clarity, then just start again?

I bet her pain is emotional which is why the inability to communicate with you is so much worse. All I can suggest is just hold her hand and tell her you love her. so sorry for both of your pain.

Barbie

Meds for thi(PBP) are Nudexta, if you can afford it, or Amytriptilyn(Elavil)which is used off label to help control it. Elavil also helps with drooling, is a mild pain reliever and antidepressant, and sleep aid

Gil, Santa Joe was Debbies husband, she wrote a lot about his last months in the old pity party thread. So I can't tell you a lot of detail except I remember her saying how he began to just cry more and more often and for longer ...

Lori, Gil's mum is bedridden, with pressure ulcers, on a vent and only communicating by blinking. I don't believe this is EL starting at this far stage.

I am quite sure it isn't you Gil, it is this monster ALS taking the last of your mum that it can. So cruel, just so bl**dy cruel :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back