03/2014
Country
US
State
IA
City
Blue Grass
Hi all,

New to the group. My wife and best friend was diagnosed with ALS last March and this past year has been a blur. We retired, sold our 2 story house that had stairs everywhere, sold a side business, and moved from the Midwest to the cost in SC.

Welcome, you found the best place on the internet for PALS and CALS. Wow, you have been busy this year! When my husband was diagnosed in January I suggested selling our house (two stories, built on a serious slope to a lake, in the sticks--not easy to adapt) but he said he didn't want to be anywhere but here, so it's been a year of work getting it modified to accomodate us as we travel this journey. What brought you South? Being closer to family?

You'll find a ton of information and support on this site. The people are warm and knowledgeable, and someone is always around when you want to chat, need to vent, or have a question.

Welcome to a wonderful bunch of people ready to help you with every stage of this disease! Sending you loads of strength to help you two in your journey xoxo

Welcome,
I am fairly new here as well.
These people are incredible.
There is something incedible about knowing that you have a wealth of information and advice and love and ideas just at your finger tips.
All the best and strength to you on your journey.
Cheryl

We came south because we purchased the townhouse 10 years ago anticipating retirement. We just executed it early.

welcome DJ. I'm so sorry you have the reason to join our exclusive club but you have arrived at the best place for support and understanding.

We came south because we purchased the townhouse 10 years ago anticipating retirement. We just executed it early.

Sounds familiar. We are also in our "eventual" retirement home--many years earlier than planned.

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Hi DJ! welcome. How are you and your wife holding up?

Hi dj,welcome and keep checking in someone is always on the forum to listen
and give the best advice.

Andrea

>Welcome DJ.

Ditto that!

Welcome, DJ. I'm fairly new, too. Hope to talk to you more, soon.

Hello, DJ, from one more CALS. Welcome to the community. Sounds like you've had a whirlwind year! My spouse also has ALS.

We can only live one day at a time, so now that your move is done, hope these days you're enjoying the lovely SC coast and your new home.

Keep us posted on how you and she are doing. There's always someone here to lend an ear or answer a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back