Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Vermont
City
Burlington
I'll start off by stating my age and gender. I am a 15 year old male, fairly healthy, tall and pretty thin (very thin, actually.) I am usually a cross country runner (I ran cross country last year,) but this year I decided to play football, a bad choice on my part (now that I think about it.) Lets get started with my symptoms..
About a month ago was our last game of the season. During the last game, I remember blocking/hitting a kid on the opposing team and arching my back upwards, kind of putting a lot of pressure on my lower back. When I got subbed off the field, I felt a dull ache in my lower back which I tried to stretch out. It lasted the rest of the game I believe (can't really remember.) After the game it finally went away that night but the next morning everything had changed. During the next school day, the day after the season ended, I had a weird feeling in my right foot and left hand. It felt as if they were not even there, but I could still feel pain and everything, there was no weakness or any changes like that as well. I never mentioned anything to my parents until a few days later when things started to change..
The weird feeling went from my right foot all the way up my entire leg over the course of a few days. There was very minor tingling and NO pain what so ever. When I walked, it felt like my leg was lighter than the other, like it was empty or something. During that time, the weird empty/tickling feeling traveled up my entire leg into my right butt cheek where I currently feel it now (one month later.)
Along with this feeling in my leg, the empty feeling in my left hand had traveled up my arm as well, basically stopping at my shoulder. Over the course of a few days, the empty feeling turned into a weird contracting feeling in my arm, almost like my blood pressure had been taken. I found this weird because my left leg and right arm was feeling fine, its just the weird tensed feeling in my left arm and emptiness/tingling feeling in my right leg that had been present. During the football season, we were forced to push very heavy sleds. When I would do this, sometimes I would feel a burning pinch next to my right shoulder blade. Also, when I sit at the computer for a long time, I will feel the burning pinch on both sides of the insides of my shoulder blades.
I talked with my father about it and he told me that I had most likely pinched a nerve in my lower back and bottom of my neck towards my shoulders which was causing the feeling, which I understood. (I did have torticollis in my neck before the football season as well, but it was long gone before the season had started.) The only thing that bugs me is that the sensations I am feeling now did not happen in one "instant," the feelings turned and changed over the course of two weeks up until now (a month later.) Could it still be nerve related? Anyways, being the hypochondriac I am, I looked up my symptoms online which was the biggest mistake I have ever made. The tight feeling in my left arm led me to believe I was having a heart problem being that I was feeling some sharp pains in my chest during the time of my "research." I had those pains for awhile but it bugged me so much I went to the doctors office a couple days ago and had my heart and lungs listened to through a stethoscope, where the doctor found nothing and offered an EKG if I was really worried it was my heart. Long story short, the EKG came out fine, the oxygen levels in my blood were fine, but I did have a slight fever of 100.1 degrees at the time of my appointment. She said the pains were from gas, which I have suffered from in the past. Since then, the gas pains are gone but my stomach is still very gassy.
Lately I have been feeling fatigued and tired all the time, along with these weird feelings in my leg and arm. I have had a headache for over a week now (which was present at my appointment,) and am becoming very concerned with my symptoms. My headache comes and goes but when it is present its mostly on the left side of my head but it can travel to the right side sometimes. Also, my breathing has changed a little, making me feel breathless at times when being physically active. My doctor gave me an inhaler for that which helps a small bit. I am becoming very stressed out over this and I need an answer as I feel my parents are getting a bit annoyed with me complaining about it. Lately I have also been feeling a weird empty feeling in my RIGHT arm, similar to the left arm during the beginning of my symptoms.
Being the stressed out teenager I am right now, I am seeing things about muscle palpitations and weakness of the muscles related to MND and ALS disease. These findings have made me EXTREMELY worried about myself and I feel like breaking down (I have been feeling small pulsings in my muscles of my legs and arms which is making me worry more.) I would also like to mention that during the middle of the football season, I noticed my hands would shake when clenching them into fists or squeezing my fingers together, especially when holding things. It is not terribly bad, but it is noticeable and I did not have it before football started.
I am just so worried. Before our football games at school, I would get extremely anxious and worried. My whole body would tingle and my legs would feel like jelly an hour before the game waiting at school at the end of the day. I can almost relate it to the feeling I have in my right leg (just my right leg though, not my left.) It has the similar empty/tingling feeling I felt in my whole body before the games, I didn't know if it had anything to do with it or not.
Sitting down, I can feel my whole body move slightly to my heart beat, I can see my arms slightly move when freely holding my iPod, as well as other things. When I walk, I still feel the same feeling in my leg, but it does not feel like my leg is weaker than the other one. If I hold my legs up in the air, both legs feel the same stress. If I stand on one foot using each leg, they both feel the same. My arms however, burn a little bit when holding them above my head but it isn't too too bad. Both arms feel like they have the same strength as well and I haven't found anything to be difficult using them.
Like I said before, I am very worried it might be a motor neuron disease like ALS or something, which makes me want to faint thinking about it. The doctor checked my reflexes a month ago when the season ended during my yearly flu shot and she said they were fine. She also checked my strength compared to my arms/legs which were fine. My mom thinks I have the flu and that is why I have been tired lately, could it be it? Anyways, I just want an answer. Could it be a blood/vitamin deficiency? Could it be a pinched nerve in my lower back and neck which is causing the shaking/tensed feelings in my arms? Could it just be all the body trauma from football through the push ups, contact hitting, pushing the heavy sleds, etc that is causing it? I haven't done any physical activity since football so far. Is it just my body recovering from all the physical work? Am I just so anxious and stressed out these things are happening? I was the punter on my football team as well, could repetitive leg motions in my kicking make my leg feel like this? All these changes have happened in the last month and have came on very quickly which makes me SO worried. Please reply, I am very scared. Thank you!

Do you ever wet the bed, or have bloody projectile diarrhea ?:-?

>Do you ever wet the bed, or have bloody projectile diarrhea ?

roflmao! ... or ED?

Also take this post to your English comp teacher and ask for suggestion on what paragraphs are ...

otherwise, fyi:

Hi -- ALS/MND is a scary disease to consider/fear. We empathize. This note is not to deter you from your investigations, but just so thoughts on how we can help each other ...

Here are some first considerations that may help:

#1 - Read the STICKIES at the top of this forum. Many questions are answered there. 99% of new questions are addressed.

#2 We are not doctors or diagnosticians, but people who are dying from or caring for people with ALS. Some of us have to type with one hand, one finger, via dictation, or even with our eyes, so reading/replying to the anxiety-ridden can be very tiring.

#3 if you think you have a motor neuron issue, see your Primary Care Provider and get a referral to a motor neuron qualified neuro, note: most are NOT ALS/MND (Motor Neuron Disease) experienced!

#4 an EMG, properly done, is the gold standard test for ALS. But also, an abnormal EMG can indicate HUNDREDS of other, non-fatal, diseases. So listen to your doctor.

#5 ALS does NOT present with pain, cramps, or fatigue. In ALS, you feel perfectly normal but your muscles simply won't work. Typically, the first sign of ALS is a foot or a hand that inexplicably just won't lift up. It doesn't hurt or feel weak, it just is limp. That is paralysis.

#6 ALS is about failing, not feeling, so forget the "feeling" symptoms

#7 If your main issue is twitching go to the bfs forum. If you have weird neuro symptoms try neurotalk. There are also forums for health anxiety.

#8 Your doctor is wise to look at other diseases. ALS is rare. In order for it to be ALS, it has to be nothing else.

#9 Many of us cough/gag/choke and/or can no longer speak. It is difficult to have anxious people constantly chasing this disease, when we can't escape it. There seems to be this cult of ALS wannabees/groupies. You don't want to fall into that bucket do you?

#10 Anxiety can be a real problem that can endanger your physical health. It is what leads many folks here to this forum -- it is a self-fueling fire. Try to avoid using google and/or this forum if you can -- if you cannot stay away and off this forum it should tell you something important!

Lastly, if you are still interested, go to alsa dot org or mda dot org ...

We sincerely hope you do not need to be here! But find out first. If you do need to be here let me say "Welcome, sorry you are here!"

-----
Max - Monday, August 18, 2014 12:03:01 PM
-----
onset 9/2010, diagnosed with ALS by Stanley Appel 8/29/2013
It Is What It Is ...

Max you forgot to ask him if the sensations on his buttock feels like ants marching, or butterfly's giving little flutters.
We cannot properly diagnose people if they don't give us enuff info!

Wow, I think you break the record. 15? You do know this is a very rare disease. Median age 58 - 62. Right? What in your world makes you think you have ALS? Not one thing you mention sounds like ALS. Nothing. See a psychiatrist and stay away from this forum.

Yay! Maybe he should get a point for having used capitalization and punctuation?

Last edited by a moderator:
yet again - the one and only log on was to post the DIHALS question. Odd. I `spose it's possible that he came back and looked at the responses w/o logging on, but...

Yep, Greg is the same person. But, they keep getting younger by the minute. Right don't they started getting original and say they are 105 or something.

About in the middle of this pathetic essay you wrote on yourself (which you need to get over) you beleaguered us with 1,432 words... the following six words trumped the 1,432 you wrote as you wrote, ("Anyways, being the hypochondriac I am").

In the lower portion of this hypochondriatic essay, you wrote what you doctor told you concerning your pain, ("She said the pains were from gas, which I have suffered from in the past. Since then, the gas pains are gone but my stomach is still very gassy")

Well... you sure got rid of a lot of it in your post above.

Maybe best you try out for the Badminton Team next season. They're not 'forced' to push those horribly heavy sleds. And they don't have to block/hit anyone like you did causing your Thread of symptoms 1,432 words long.

Try swatting birdies instead.

Hi everyone,

The initial post here appears to be similar to the last one we all railed on. Looks like the same pathetic writer -- see the (ridiculous) "Scared to death" post from "Restless" with its reference to oxygen levels, etc. etc. REALLY pathetic....don't waste your time responding!

Somebody needs something to do! Maybe go to school or get a job?

Ok, Al, now I have been offended. I played on the Badminton team in college! Not a sport for sissies or hypochondriacs! Have you seen them swatting away at birdies in the Olympics?

Perhaps bowling? Or curling?

I agree this has to be same guy...

Ok, somebody try and convince me this Thread and others are not created and written by the same person and then sent to be posted by another one of his/her sick humor scumbag friends who follow him/her on a web site, Face Book or whatever. All too recent, all too similar and too structured the same.

Remember, this Forum has enemies.

>Ok, somebody try and convince me this Thread and others are not created and written by the same person

you know, Al, I don't think so. If I could remember being 15, the world only consisted of two things for me -- health was not one of them. But if some kid wanted/needed some attention this might be a way (better than mailbox baseball).

anyway IIWII ("It Is What It Is!") ... and They Are What They Are TAWTA :)

Attachments

• 10372779_316121408548040_9147910348221509543_n.jpg
    10372779_316121408548040_9147910348221509543_n.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 318
  • CART.jpg
    CART.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 251
and They Are What They Are TAWTA
So true Max. If suspicions are correct then this discussion is merely feeding them. Please ignore people you feel are trolls
Thank you
And this thread has run its course ( and then some)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back