Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
UK
City
London
Dear All,

Firstly im sorry as well as Thankful in advance for taking up your time in answering some of concerns due to which i will try to keep it as short as possible.

I have had symptoms such as heaviness in my arms for the past few months, twitching all over as well, some muscle aches and pains, went to doctors to get it checked out and after a few visits had them do blood work, MRI and eventually EMG and Nerve conduction. now its been 3 months and the right side of my body feels weak, especially my arm and hand which feels weaker than my left side, my left foot feels weak as well and gets tired easily after i walk, even feels like a challenge driving at times, i can still continue doing other things as i used to but they get tired easily. Lately The twitching is not as bad but i do have muscle aches and pains. I also have symptoms such as dry mouth or on the other hand at times excess saliva, feel as if my speech is a bit off at times, nobody has mentioned it as yet or said i slur but i felt it, my mom did mention that i stutter more than usual, seems like when i exert certain muscles they twitch as well, sometimes certain foods require a bit more effort to swallow but generally no problems swallowing liquids or solids, never choked, do however have trouble sleeping at night sometimes and wake up tired.

Now my concerns are since the EMG was done only on my left side ( arm, foot, thigh, leg ) and nerve conduction on both sides, but the weakness i have been feeling is on my right side, do i need to go in for another EMG ? the emg done before was totally clear as well as Nerve conduction, also do my other symptoms sound like i should be concerned ? my strength on both sides doesn't seem hampered as yet

I just want to mention that i have not researched the matter online or getting paranoid as i have seen many people on here, im just wondering whether i should go in to see my doctor again due to what im experiencing or do my symptoms sound like its ALS related.

Thank you

Daren. Aches and pains- No ALS
Clear EMG- no ALS
Twitching- many reasons
Go and have a good life.

If you think your doctor is a quack, get another doctor.
If you think you have a terminal disease, get life insurance.
You listed nearly every symptom of people who THINK they have ALS, but you didn't list any symptoms of people who ACTUALLY have ALS.
It seems you might have some sort of neuro disorder. There are many of them, and nearly none is fatal.
Schedule your next doctor visit. This time get a diagnosis and a cure. Good luck.

>This time get a diagnosis and a cure. Good luck.

Mike. you've made my Monday!

Thanks for your answers guys, unfortunately i have been to a few doctors and no one can find a Diagnosis as yet, one just suggested it might be Fibromyalgia or something on those lines. Thanks again

Daren,
If you do have a neuromuscular or systematic disease, it will make itself unmistakeable at some point.
Meanwhile, live your life, including attention to diet and exercise as even the healthiest among us should, as if you don't and see what happens.
All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back