Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
nc
City
nc
Okay, if you've read my previous posts, I am a 28/yo female, have been twitching for about 2 mos. now, have had some "perceived weakness" and had a normal EMG only 2 weeks into the twitching.
Now, this may sound reall odd, but I feel as though my left buttock (don't quite know how to put it!) feels weak and sore. It's been a couple of days, off and on, and it seems to me that it is less muscular and smaller than the right. Is this nuts?:confused: Or is it possible that this is atrophy? Would this be a very odd way to start? Thanks for any input. I don't have atrophy or clinical weakness elsewhere.
Mary

Picture

Can I see a picture so I can help you out? lol

Ha ha ha. :lol: No really, would this be an odd place to notice atrophy first? And before any clinical weakness?

cannot help...

without the evidence.:mrgreen:

Hi--
The best course of action would be to make a follow-up call to your neurologist and pose the question to him/her. If your neuro feels there is any cause for concern, he/she will no doubt have you in for a consultation to examine you and give you the kind of definitive answer that you cannot obtain on a forum. From your description, it does not sound like there is any cause for alarm, but only a doctor can determine this for sure.

Best,
Jeff

Thanks for your responses. But would it be odd to first have atrophy in one rear cheek? I don't have any anywhere else.

Yes Mary having noticible atrophy and the soreness in one cheek would be a bit odd. Not impossible but strange. Have you weighed yourself to see if you are actually down in weight. My cheeks were one of the first things to go on me but they went together.
AL.

Thanks for responding Al! I don't know if I've lost weight, because mine fluctuates daily. What would it look like if it were atrophy? Just smaller, indented, etc?

I'd have to say smaller but didn't really look at it much. Most guys aren't into looking at their own rears. I posted pictures of my hands but don't think I'll post rear end pictures here. Not unless someone offers some serious cash which I don't think is going to happen in this lifetime. LOL.
al.

Hey Al, so how much money are we talking about?

How much you got?

Well the one thing you don't want to lose after losing your butt is your sense of humour.
AL.

I haven't lost my butt yet (I'm so bitter), but I have lost everything else. I just blame it on the ferret and the teenager.

Hey Al, I think the going rate for some one to dance around in their underwear is a $1 but I am not sure about pics. LOL

Peanut, I am sorry to hear about your butt. I can't tell you how many times my has saved me when I have fallen down the stairs. I am almost not mad anymore that I don't even have to look behind me to see mine. LOL I hope you are feeling well today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back