Joint Photo Exhibition: A special project for ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeki

Reason
Friend was DX
Country
TR
State
n/a
City
İzmir
Jointly organized by Tahir Ün and Ali Var, the exhibition "1 + 40 - Ali" will welcome visitors in Gallery Diogenes in İzmir (Turkey) from 11th to 31st October.

The importance of the exhibition is based on many reasons. First, it is 40th year anniversary of Tahir Ün's photography. Ali, who is the other photographer organizing this exhibition, will be celebrating his first year with photography. Tahir Ün will be presenting sections from Ali Var's life, whereas Ali Var will exhibit his photos reflecting his own perspective of life.

Ali Var a young ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) patient, diagnosed by his doctors to have left three more years to live and can not use 85% of his body, takes his photos with a device installed on his wheelchair. Therefore, this exhibition, dedicated to all patients in a condition similar to Ali Var, was named "1 + 40 - Ali". The aim of two photographers is to raise awareness for people with disabilities and other ALS patients through this exhibition. With all it's revenues to be donated to ALS patients, a catalog is also being prepared for this exhibition.

The exhibition will be held between Oct. 11th.-31st. 2014 at Gallery Diogenes, Izmir, Turkey.

> takes his photos with a device installed on his wheelchair

i would like to know more about this. i am trying to mount my d800 via a tripod or monopod to my m300 ...

Max.......before I became a CALS I was a Commercial Photographer....Mostly Aerials from small aircraft......

I've seen a camera support or two......Have you ever seen the supports "they" use to hold the GoPro video cameras?
Think tinker toys on steroids.......the product is Loc-Link......Many sizes from small to vaccuum

I originally purchased some online to make a "bendy-bedside-straw" for my BIL Butch....... a Quad for 53 years

The individual links snap together with special pliers.....a channel/tube continues thru each......the resistance between links is strong allowing the creation to be stiff and yet totally adjustable......There are end fitting that have threads for base mounting to the chair or bracket........the camera end needs some invention.....

I use a brass 1/4-20 all-thread glued (JB WELD) into a fitting......allowing a thumb disc (think tripod head) to attach and tighten against the camera body

Just the friction of the Loc-Link holding the camera....I'll show you when I can

I can't post attachments yet :-(

doug

Oh heck.....Loc-Line

>Just the friction of the Loc-Link holding the camera....I'll show you when I can

I can't post attachments yet

you can always email [email protected]

I have tried unsuccessfully with the GorillaPod ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back