Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
ohio
City
north olmsted
My tires ticked away the miles as I raced the sunset. The windows are down and I have the heat on full as I let the wind bite at my face. My mind wanders alot now when I drive, thinking about how many times I've taken this highway without even looking at it. Golds and greens catch my eye and I look over to see that the sun has set the sky on fire and the trees are all proud in there fall colors. I reach out and run my hand across the tree tops. At times like this I almost believe my sister when she says that she is a tree, she is so proud and colorful. I can imagine that when I pass from here my energy will be in the fire lit sky, cold winds, color....almost I can believe.

That was beautiful flora! Hope you weren't driving when you wrote it!:mrgreen:

Seriously, you should start a journal with your writings.

That was very nice. :cool:

My tires ticked away the miles as I raced the sunset. The windows are down and I have the heat on full as I let the wind bite at my face. My mind wanders alot now when I drive, thinking about how many times I've taken this highway without even looking at it. Golds and greens catch my eye and I look over to see that the sun has set the sky on fire and the trees are all proud in there fall colors. I reach out and run my hand across the tree tops. At times like this I almost believe my sister when she says that she is a tree, she is so proud and colorful. I can imagine that when I pass from here my energy will be in the fire lit sky, cold winds, color....almost I can believe.
Flora! you definately have a talent for writing i loved that post and almost felt as if i were with you on the highway!free and at one with nature your energy is contagious thanks for sharing! Gina

That is really beautiful. I have noticed since I have been ill I look at so many things differently. The sky, the clouds, the stars and like you said that your energy will be part of the universe. The last few days I was thinking when I'm gone people will probably say, well she's in a better place but I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be than with my family and my baby son. Life is so tough sometimes.

Reminds me of the book "Rowing without Oars." She said you experience each moment more fully when you know you might not be doing it again. BTW, Flora- your journal will be beautiful AND funny! A definate best-seller. Cindy

That reminds me of the end of American Beauty :) The last five minutes of that never fail to give me goosebumps.

Thanks,
I needed that today! Today was kind of rusty, I knew I should of come here earlier for a boost! Thanks Again, that was BEAUTIFUL!:-D:-D
Annette

Thank you all so much for you support and encouragement. I don't think I would be published, as my writings are random and without a time line. My sister's birthday is on Thanksgiving this year so her and I will try to sneak away and do our yearly birthday ritual of sitting underneath a tree so that her people can see that she is ok. She is brain damaged now so she has not noticed any changes in my physical abilities, although she asks me what the cane is for every time she sees me. I finally told my father what was going on with me. I can't really say how this is going to affect him. A couple of years ago I had to tell him that I had cancer and he responded by moving in with me and putting wet wash cloths on my head at like 2 in the morning. I had to try and explain to him that water did not cure cancer, it only woke me up and made me crabby. Still it would be a much better reaction than my mom and baby sister. At least he has not tried to kidnap me yet.

Agree , beautiful post (though if I hadn't read your previous ones, I'd have asked what you were smoking!).
I had no idea that your sister has brain damage or that you were diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago. You have been through so much more than most. None of us deserve to be sick but on occasion you cannot help but feel that some people get more than their fair share of bad luck.
I hope it works out for you Flora. You deserve a break.

In the evening on the day that my father died, my mother and I were looking out at the sunset over the fir trees and she said, "He is a part of all this now." I often go out and talk to the tree he planted in my yard, so maybe now my dad is a tree to keep your sister company. Trees are very wise. they don't rush around, but reach for the sky. Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back