State: ON
Interest: My wife lost her battle with ALS in 2001
TBear is an unknown quantity at this point
City: Uxpatch
State: ON
Interest: My wife lost her battle with ALS in 2001
TBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Carol:
From my recollections (I'm getting on in years) everything I needed to know was ably handled by the hospital nurses who briefed me on the feeding procedure. The only glitch I had was that, here in the boonies, there wasn't a lot of education in the care community to handle it... so I had to instruct them as well so that she could be fed while I was at work. It's not rocket science... just common sense. I had bigger problems with the professionals (visiting nurses) etc. who insisted that she was unable to enjoy her wine at feeding time (or any time for that matter). Make sure you have a good supply of bags or bottles to hang, and tubes. There is a small trick in getting the liquid into the tube and letting out air that they will show you. After that it's just plug it in and keep an eye on the connection to make sure that it doesn't fall out! A 250 ml can of 300kcal food will likely take about 1/2 hr to drain... and then it's done! Also, if Henry is not mobile, and you have to move him, then be careful of the tube top... it can have a tendency to flip off... at least it did whe I moved my wife and drain some stomach fluid... you'll know if it happens. Good luck to you guys and enjoy the break.
As for the black leather string bikini... do you really expect us to notice if you're wearing a hat?