Not open for further replies.

alsornot

Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Vaughn
yes! today finally...my family dr. called this morning and said that my 'evoke potential' test came back suggesting a motor neuron on disease, i asked him if it was MS and he suggested that my neurologist explain further...but considering my increased coughing and choking in the last 2 months as well as the spasms in my throat i am sure it is 'the' ALS,
did anyone else have evoke potentials done as part of there tests, this test is in addition to the EMG. any insight would be much appreciated! i don't know weather to shout from the roof top that someone finally believes me and i can say ' i told you so' or be scared that the diagnosis is finally real?:shock::|

1) MS is not a motor neuron disease
2) One of the diseases that SSEPs can rule out is MS
3) So I take it from the doc's statements that they have ruled out MS but of course you should follow up with the neuro as suggested

Sorry if you are in our club. With bulbar onset as it sounds like you may have, you may also want to make sure that Kennedy's has been ruled out, when you see the neuro.

I'm sorry, I'm confused, how is what you have written a diagnosis?

How did this Thread regenerate? Alsornot's last post was 3/23/14. This post is her post of 3/17/14. Maybe Igelb replied mid-thread from the original?

Yes lgelb answered an older thread that was not closed. Since the op has posted that the results were not correct I will close this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back