Country
US
State
NC
City
Get Real
I’ve been thinking... I like denial.

There is nothing wrong with me.
(The doctors have put all of this in my head.)

I can physically do anything I want to do.
(Just don’t want to… well, that’s what I say when I can’t.)

I can walk without this cane.
(My wife won’t let me… isn’t worth the argument not to.)

My breathing difficulties are because I’m allergic to our cat.
(That started a year ago… our cat is 12 years old.)

My swallowing difficulties are because they put MSG in everything.
(That started a year ago too… for some reason.)

I really don’t need to be taking all these meds and Baclofen.
(Again… ain’t worth the argument if I don’t.)

The deep indentations on my left hand are just because I’m right handed
and just don’t use my left hand that much anymore.
(That makes sense to me.)

Happiness is denial. 

Boy oh boy Al, you hit that nail on the head. My denial is a little different than yours and not worth going into, but I like your post.

Every time my husband has a coughing fit--it is because I put something in his food that he is allergic to. What a terrible cook I am! ;)

Great, Al! I love it.

We had some awful arguments about a cane, there was absolutely no way he was going to use a cane! So our son said call it a walking stick and of course it was okay.
Denial has become a game here, he denies and I think up suitable acceptable options.
Hugs
Linda

I don't need a cane...
It's just cool looking... and a great weapon.
(Maybe I'll get one with flames, like House.)

I didn't want handicap parking tag but my son made me feel better by calling it "Rock Star" parking.

Denial is not a river in Africa! I find myself daily thinking my diagnosis is all wrong, working out harder than I should, walking without a cane....and on and on.

>I didn't want handicap parking tag but my son made me feel better by calling it "Rock Star" parking

that was great, I am IMing it to my wife!

Max

Just BRILLIANT Al!

I have 2, the first one is his 'famous last words' - I'm alright ...

Then if he does fall - she pushed me!

Max, I used to grumble about Handicapped Parking being the biggest SCAM in the country. I'd park at the same time someone with a handicapped placard would park AND they'd beat me to front door of the store! Hell... now I'm in on it too! :) But... many still beat me to the door. ?

Max, I used to grumble about Handicapped Parking being the biggest SCAM in the country. I'd park at the same time someone with a handicapped placard would park AND they'd beat me to front door of the store! Hell... now I'm in on it too! :) But... many still beat me to the door. ?

What I find odd is that a lot of stores put handicap parking the farthest from the door. You reckon their trying to tell us something

My husband calls my cane "the husband cattle prod"....I like it.

Mine is not denial but paranoia............
They make packaging hard for me to get into on purpose as well as making many things hard for me to use.
Pensioners where I live are really teenagers with masks on as there far too healthier than me to be otherwise.
I could go on..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back