Status
Not open for further replies.
see what I mean UK girl. I was called a troll as well. And I agree why have a site like this if people who come on here for support when they are vulnerable and scared, just get abuse? Even if they have symptoms that are to ALS patients nothing like ALS, even if the symptoms seem trivial, even if they do need therapy, they need love and compassion, don't they?

Read the posts on the bottom of page one.

I don't want to get into how much of these symptoms are anxiety and not. I do not want to labour around the symptoms either, since you clearly have a very high stress level. And I am not a doctor, just a med student, so I shouldnt either.

But, get back to your GP and ask for additional testing. Urine and basic bloodwork at least. Blood in urine could however be from a bladder infection due to stress. Or did you do that after you got the form? Without being a doctor, I do not feel any of this points towards neurological issues.

see what I mean UK girl. I was called a troll as well. And I agree why have a site like this if people who come on here for support when they are vulnerable and scared, just get abuse? Even if they have symptoms that are to ALS patients nothing like ALS, even if the symptoms seem trivial, even if they do need therapy, they need love and compassion, don't they?

Banksm

Your three page thread elicited plus 20 replies - all but one were supportive & sympathetic.

You're welcome.

Your UK girl has NOT been abused. Shame on you for perpetuating that idea. It's you abusing our PALS and CALS at this point. She's been given sound advice. Maybe not as warm & fuzzy as you would like - but sometimes a reality check is the most appropriate reply. As, I reminded her, I shall remind you - this is an ALS site. Neither of you have it. It begs the question - why are you here?

I don't want to get into how much of these symptoms are anxiety and not. I do not want to labour around the symptoms either, since you clearly have a very high stress level. And I am not a doctor, just a med student, so I shouldnt either.

But, get back to your GP and ask for additional testing. Urine and basic bloodwork at least. Blood in urine could however be from a bladder infection due to stress. Or did you do that after you got the form? Without being a doctor, I do not feel any of this points towards neurological issues.

I have been to see my doctor today and he sent me away to take a urine sample and told me to come back on Thursday.
The problem is I'm scared to wait that long because this is not even a neurologist referral. This is just back to see him at the GP surgery again and then. This has gone from mild tingling in hand and feet to hitting me with a force I can't understand or comprehend.
The fatigue is like nothing I've ever felt before in my life.

In the meantime I have spoke to my optician and arranged an eye test for Monday to address the bizarre eye issues. Double vision/stinging eyes caused by drooping eyelids possibly? At least I feel like I am doing SOMETHING pro active whilst waiting.

Thank you for your reply and thank you also tobanksm.
I came here to find someone to talk to coz I was feeling alone. I feel slightly less alone now.

I understand that the waiting is always the hardest, regardless of if your symptoms are real or not. But all diagnostics require waiting; to analyze tests, or to monitor the patient for changes. Doctors aren't magicians that can wave the wand and tell you the answer.

If you want to do something proactive, please see a counselor. Think of it this way; if you are just experiencing anxiety symptoms, you need to talk to someone. And if it should prove that you have a medical condition of some sort, you will need to talk to someone as well.

I understand that it might be hard to talk to trust people when you have been called a hypochondriac etc, but this forum is not the right place to feel less alone, even though I am glad you feel less so. Reach out to your friends and someone professional to talk to, there is no shame in that, and it will serve you much better.

UKGIRl, you wrote, "I came here to find someone to talk to coz I was feeling alone." Send banksm a private message, get his Email address and you won't be lonely anymore. Ask if KOSMOS will send you his too.

KOSMOSKATTEN, you're a supposed med student, whatever little you've learned so far, or how much you have learned so far, you know this girl desperately needs to be seen by a psychiatrist! NO ONE here can help her... including you. She's been coddled enough. She does NOT have ALS.

Maybe I was unclear, I am not in any way implying that this is ALS, quite the opposite. But yes, I was trying to help by suggesting a counsellor.

But you are right AL, since there are no confirmed neurological symptoms for UKGIRL, this is not the forum for her.

This is atrophy. Get some anxiety meds and stay off this sight unless you have had an MRI, a spinal tap, muscle biopsy, and 3 EMGs.

Also, you need to not be able to button your pants, shirts and jackets. Drop everything you pick up. Choke on food or water. Talk like you have a large wad off gum in your mouth. Fall 5 times in a 3 month period, resulting in a concussion and multiple bruises.

Stressing yourself will cause all kinds of symptoms. Try to let this go, it's hard I know. But you will be better for it.

Tracy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    829.3 KB · Views: 1,218
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back