Interest: Other
Midnight is on a distinguished road
City: Anytown
State: USA
Interest: Other
Midnight is on a distinguished road
Default Change of focus

Hi Jenny,
I have read some of your posts. Unfortunately, AS YOU ALREADY KNOW, if it is ALS, you will find out whether you obsess on it or not, so although you are obviously fearful, I would REALLY suggest that if you are driving your doctor crazy and your husband crazy, then change the focus of your life for now, even if it means that you promise yourself you won't go on this website more than once a week . I don't think there is anything anybody else can tell you on this site except...YES, people have had your symptoms and developed ALS, and YES, people have had your symptoms and have been diagnosed with BFS or a virus and have been lucky and symptoms went away. BUT, whatever it is..IT IS WHAT IT IS and for you to be constantly throwing away your time and relationships (with doctors and husband and others) it is, in my opinion, a waste of time....so take a deep breath and take it one day at a time and don't waste your life away worrying about it. If you have any tendency toward being a hypocondriac, which it seems your doctor clearly thinks so, you will begin developing symptoms by just reading the posts.....so live your life and if you develop some more symptoms, go back to the doctor, and if remember that we all have fear, but as far as predicting the future...we all wish we could and NONE OF US CAN. Nobody knows if you will have it a year from now, so just take your year and have a bit of grattitude and fill it with other things than paranoia and LIVE YOUR LIFE AND LET IT GO FOR NOW. I would think that I would have more regrets a year from now if I found out that I had ALS and I just wasted my most healthy year away by obsessing on it. Bottom line, if your symptoms are only affecting your head, go use your body and be grateful it works. Do meditation or see a doctor/therapist to deal with your fears. Time will tell, and there is nobody here that can validate if you will/will not have ALS a year from now. Good luck and I hope that you really consider what I am telling you.