1/2013
Country
US
State
Iowa
City
Cedar Rapids
Why are threads closed?

Usually because they have been inactive for a certain period of time. They close automatically. I THINK the original poster may close a thread if they wish ( not sure on this). Moderators can close a thread as well

It seems a foolish and pointless policy.

I am not sure, but I think the system automatically closes threads after a period of time. Sometimes they're not closed, but merged with another (from same original poster) if identical. This happens more often in the DIHALS sub forum.

If you want a thread re- opened, let me know and I can try. If you need more details regarding the general policy regarding the closure of threads, I will endeavour to find it for you.

I tried to answer but it went to moderation. I identified a thread to reopen.

Which raises a new question, why all this moderation scrutiny of post made by people who have successfully registered? I have never seen a forum do that elsewhere.

I think I opened it.

Can't say about the closing of threads. I have never been on an forum until this one and assumed it was the norm.
I will ask though and let you know.

Some words cause moderation - it's the built in system.

It seems a foolish and pointless policy.

On the surface perhaps. I've been around the forum since before the thread closes automatically after a period of inactivity. Prior to that policy there was quite a bit of people responding to threads that were stale and obviously should not be touched.

For example, a post that says "getting my PEG next Tuesday" from 2011, and some one replying today "good luck". Then other join in.

Now did it hurt anything? No. Just annoying. So it's nice to not see that silliness, but unfortunately means you can't add for legitimate reasons.

I don't know which is better. But whatever makes David happy usually works for me. I'm thankful for him in keeping the forum running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back