Diagnosis
07/2011
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Ottawa
Hi, i am wondering if changing a pwc flat tire is something that should only be done by a technician. Has your cals or friends ever changed one? Or is this a big no-no?

Cricket -

My owner's manual includes instructions on changing a tire. Of course the caveat - I don't have a spare! Hopefully your local tech guy can get to you quickly.

an option to the current tires you have, mine has solid tires that never go flat. the rubber is soft so its still a fairly smooth ride but i dont have to worry bout flats

Decided to go pneumatic after driving on solid for 2 yrs. within 3 weeks got a flat :p. Of course, the owner's manual...it's just that it is boring. I'd rather b socializing with u guys.

Tim has a pretty specialized wheelchair with an out door package, which means he has large knobby rear wheel drive tires. When I was getting our winter tires put on the van I asked if they would be able to change the tires if we supplied them, and they agreed. We haven't done it yet, but do have the tires and tubes with anti-puncture goop in them. We have done so much hiking this summer that we have worn through them in 10 months, and no punctures or flats yet. We have had a couple of brain malfunctions with it, so have a backup PWC from the ALS society of BC, and once used a different one at the VA in Seattle, but he loves his as he is a really big guy.

Make sure your tires need air. My power wheel chair doesn't use air in the tires. I asked the same question as I am in the country on country roads.
I thought my M300 permobil needed air but no!
Thank God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back