Diagnosis
07/2012
Country
CA
State
B.C.
City
Salmon Arm
Tim hasn't been able to feed himself for a month now, but today I found something that helped. I remember him telling me about his first love, as a third grader. A little girl in his class pulled his name for gift exchange at Christmas, and she gave him a "book of Butter Rum Life Savers" and he knew he was in love. Well, today I had a short time on my own, so I ran to the special candy store in town, and found some, bought 5 rolls and brought them home for him.
He was absolutely thrilled, and very touched that I had remembered the story. I popped the first one in his mouth, opened the roll a bit and placed it in his lap. I had a lot of paper work to do, and I knew he would be happily watching the Cowboys play. When I got back to him a couple of hours later, I found that he had managed to tear open the pack and eat them all on his own.
He looked so pleased with himself, all covered in little pieces of wax paper. He said he worked on it until he got one free, tipped his chair back and rested, then wrestled it into his mouth. He managed that until the last three, which he ate all at the same time.

Now I know what really inspires him.:grin:

Paulette, that story put a huge smile on my face! :-D:-D Thanks!

I remember those! Just added to shopping list.

Yeah for Tim and kudos to you Paulette! I am grinning too!

Great story Paulette. Those were my favorite as a child. My boys love them too. thanks for reminding me of great memories.

wonderful gift for him & you.

Such a good story. My mom, God Bless her soul, always got us those story book boxes of life savers. Butter rum was always my favorite. I've bought them for my kids for the last 24 years. That is usually the first thing I buy for Christmas.

Elaine,
It's good to see you back. Hope you're doing better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back