Status
Not open for further replies.
finding help at home

Hi,

We had the problem of no extended family & being new to Lexington when the ( yet undiagnosised )disease progression started galloping. My husband, my only caregiver, works for UK here & they have a student employment office. He saw a flyer for their services.

We have since used them for unpacking, errands, cleaning, cooking and range of motion exercises. The home care agencies charge $18.00 up/hour for the above. They can not touch your meds to hand them to you which is something I now need. We pay the students $6.00up/hour. Since we don't have children this is a nice way to hear the current generations voice & veiws.

If there is a college, university or vocational training center in your area they may offer a similar service. Good luck. We know how hard it is when your alone.

kath
lexington, ky.

For the radio controlled plain- is there anyway to substitute voice controls? Or is there a computer that can control them? I have worked with special needs kids for a while and it seems as if there is a will there is a way.

Thanks everyone for the ideas!

Borrowing on some of everyone's ideas, I've devised a plan I will try out as soon as it gets built. A friend of my mother has a 14 year old that wants some extra money and is quite the handyman. (doesn't hurt that his dad is a carpenter) I am having him add a small hinged table top to my rollator I can no longer use. This will provide for a chair height, wheeled table with a storage box under it. He's going to help figure out how to harness it to my chair and oulia! instant wheelchair trailer :)

A wheel chair trailor! I love it! You'll have to send pictures when everything gets upp and going! Cindy

hello greg

hi its jenny just wanted to say hi wish me luck for tomorrow

I will send pics once it's up and going :)

Jenny,
I do wish you good luck. Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back