Diagnosis
02/2010
Country
US
State
mo
City
nixa
So little attention is given to this subject when over 80% of funds raised stays with local support group. how else do they resupply loan closet, fund multi-discipline ALS Clinic? Every able bodied PALS should be actively involved. Springfield MO WALK TO DEFEAT ALS is SEP 28TH, JORDAN VALLEY PARK. still have some good financial supporters still out there and close to my personal goal of $12,000. Are you on board in your local area?

I AGREE PEARSHOOT. And not to highjack your thread, but I have a related announcement.....hope you don't mind.

Sorry 'tdodson', this is really his news. But just to be sure people know, I'll say it again.

There will be another WALK TO DEFEAT ALS, scheduled to begin at the Centennial Park here in Nashville, TN. This will be on Saturday, October 26th, with sign-in starting at 9:00am, and the walk starting at 10:00am.

Hope to see a good crowd there. I'm on board now pearshoot!

Not to high jack this thread but my family and are also hosting a walk to raise funds for ALS research, we've partnered with the University of Toronto and Sunnybrook hospital and will be our second year of sponsoring research into stem cells and there potential use in PALS. Last year we raised 156,000 dollars and we're on track to do the same for 2013. For any one who lives in the GTA and would like to attend we would love to see you there. Feel free to contact me via this site or check out or site at www.sunnybrookfoundation.net, look on the left side of the screen for "events" half way down the screen and click on it and you will find more information on the Foxtrot.

There was an ALS walk yesterday in St Cloud MN

Many of my family members attended.

announcing your walk is not hijacking. would enjoy reading several pages announcing wals

Honolulu is having its first ALS walk next Saturday. I'm flying over with my daughter.

The Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon (on October 20, 2013) has a charity component where participants can raise money for the ALS Society of Canada (and other charities). There is a full and half marathon, plus a 5K walk/run. I will be participating in the 5K walk, and have got $2,000 in donations so far (you can find me under Team Mark/ALS Society of Canada).

ALS Society of Canada | STWM Charity Challenge

two things:

#1) I need help picking favorite Irish Setter photos from my private collection for Kenny's calendar -- If any of you have a chance, scan through the shots and 'like' the ones you think are worth submitting to Kenny from the album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...561.1073741847.1436986399&type=1&l=ae75033825 (note, Sandy objects to these because she says there are too many, but how can I delete my babies?)

#2) Many of you know I was diagnosed with ALS this summer. Sandy and I have formed a 'Walking For ALS' team, if you are interested in participating, info is here: Greater Houston Walk: Kick ALS! - Walk to Defeat ALS®
s_tafId=193635

this thread has drawn more interest this year than the ones I have posted the last three years put together. thank you

Indianapolis's Walk is on the 28th of this month. This is my first year with a team " Johnny's Walkers " . everyone who is participating in a walk this year , I hope you have a great time . And to the ones who have already participated THANK YOU
God Bless, John

Not to highjack your post but would like to share with you my daughter (Cheryl) done a zip wire over the river clyde and raised hundreds! Cheryl is also looking into a sponsored sky dive with all proceeds also going to MND, thanks for letting me share :)

Sorry to be hijacking your thread, pearshhot, but I wanted to include a link to my sponsorship page: I will be participating in a walk to support the ALS Society of Canada on October 20, 2013. I've been thrilled at the response I've received so far, with generous donations from family, friends, co-workers, friends of friends, and even a few strangers. There is no time to be bashful. I think the more we PALS talk about our condition and our cause, the more attention ALS will receive.

2013 Scotiabank Charity Challenge at the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon

Canmark no problem. I want to see more on this link. The walk is gaining traction every year., as the word is getting spread. Lets keep educating the public

just got the flyer today for the Central FL walk--March 15!

We had a great day this past Saturday and have raised an additional $142,000 so far, witch when addedto the $156,000 raised ast year puts us at $298,000 total. One hundred percent of this is being used to sponsor a study at the University of Toronto in partnership with Sunnybrook hospital into stem cells and how they might be manipulated into motor neurons. So far the findings have been exceptional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back