Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
Uk
State
East Midlands
City
lowestoft
And so it drags on......Neuro appt yesterday, with my wife..I wrongly thought a may get a diagnosed yest., instead he just brought Doris(real name Mel) up to speed with his thinking...a.l.s. was what they are suggesting but more tests,lumbar puncture and another e.m.g. are needed..he found enough l.m.n. things but unsure on the u.m.n. signs...he says i'm young and progression is slow..he says most of the people he sees with this the signs leave him with no doubt, and basically not 100% of u.m.n. signs at the moment...so i'm playing the waiting game again...
Thank you guys for waiting with me.
regards Pete

oh Pete so sorry the process is such a long one!

Good that he feels you are slow progressing, that's something. How did you wife take the news so far? Do you have dates for the next round of testing?

It's like living in limbo I know, but I think most of us have been through this long tough time.

Its good he is being very thorough and covering all the bases. It is tough to wait and have things drawn out. Better than a rush to diagnosis and have it be wrong.

Everyday you don't have a diagnosis of ALS... is another day of hope. Another day of maybe something treatable... something beatable. That's my hope.

Vicki..you are right of course..:) Tillie..Doris was ok on Monday.the shock for her was three weeks ago when he told me..although both of us feel it's surreal atm..No dates for test yet, as i say i don't think he's going to hurry as to allow some progression to to be noted..so the wait goes on but like Al, fingers crossed.:) I don't want to bug you with questions, wouldn't do any good anyway, but give you guys who are kind to wait and go though this with me, a quick update.
Take care folks
Pete.x.

Last edited:
Best wishes to you Pete, keep us posted, Anne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back