Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Ca
City
Oceanside
Does anyone want to talk about anything ? I just like talking to people who understand

I'm very sorry for the loss of your Dad. Grief is never easy. Yours is palpable. One must go through grief in order to come through it. I hope you focus on good memories and on the life lessons your Dad taught you. Antidepressants serve a purpose, ( they help me too!) but numbing the pain only delays the inevitable: facing up to it, feeling it and letting it go.

I'm happy that you found this place and that you want to help. Thank you for this. I absolutely mean no disrespect to you, but I sense from your initial post that you might do better engaging in and volunteering for some very fun and up beat ALS fundraising initiatives. Your grief is so raw... i fear you being here may cause you even more suffering. I trust that you take these comments in the spirit in which they are offered. You sound like a wonderful person and a great daughter. No doubt about it, ALS is horrible. Please don't allow it to ravage your life more than it already has done. You are our hope for the future - don't let ALS quash your dreams of a long happy, healthy life. Make peace with your grief and anger. This peace will serve you well and allow you to wholeheartedly step back into your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back