Reason
Loved one DX
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Brantford
It was two days ago that my mother was diagnosed with ALS. This is difficult to say the least. She's proud of me, my 12 year old daughter and our current one on the way. I have a lot on my heart and mind but I thought for now I would join the community here. I have a lot of support of friends and family members - but from what I gather, none have been directly affected by ALS.

I'm really grateful to be here, along with other individuals in one way or another currently going through this. All my love and sincere condolences. I trust all your wisdom and understanding can help.

Welcome, I have only been here less than a month, I have been diagnosed with bulbar palsy, 3 out of 4 chance that it will be ALS some day, I have really learned a lot as far as how to take care of myself and reading other posts of people with similar symptoms and how they handle it, stay with us, people here really do care.

Welcome....sorry you have to be here but glad you found us.

There is a lot of great information to be found on this site along with some very helpful members.

I was diagnosed back in Feb. with bulbar onset ALS. A LOT has changed with my life since then, but I try to remain positive and pray daily for help/guidance, and to find a cure for this disease.

One thing you'll notice is that no two people are alike as to symptoms, speed of progression, etc. Be strong for your Mom and hopefully she will remain positive in these difficult days that follow.

Joel

Glad you found us ! we will help you any way we can ,

@hexag0n_sun:

Sorry about your diagnosis, I truly am but glad you found these Forums.
There is a LOT of information here on almost every thread you will come across with and many PALS/CALS willing to help you and address any questions you may have.

Just give us a holler whenever you need help. :razz:

Hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back