Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
mancheser
City
manchester
iv been having some very worrying symptoms,

I have one calf that is clearly 2" bigger than the other, twitching all over my body, my left leg is weaker than my right and feels really week all the time. I did hurt the back of my left knee a while back and still feels sore when I get up and stiff all the time. my left foot feels and is weaker than my right. I am now having slurred speech and am very aware f it. my tongue has a dent towards the front centre of it, no problems with swallowing liquids though. went to see the neuro 11 months ago and he said he didn't think it was anything sinister but the atrophy in my left calf has happened since. soo too has the slurred speech.

I can still play football though but doesn't feel right and left leg feels as though it will give way. no one has picked up on my slurred speech but I am continually correcting a word halfway through as it has gone wrong. really worried, im 23 years old and am not liking these symptoms at all

So, what did your doctor say?

The neurologist said they don't think it's anything sinister but this was 11 months ago. Iv been doctors with my swallowing issues, slurred speech and leg but all anxiety as always. So I made them re-refer me to te neurologist. I go back in June, surely these symptoms only point to one thing

Your symptoms do NOT point to just one thing. Don't make presumptions. It can be a myriad of other things. ALS is the last item on a long menu

You may have insisted to be referred to a neurologist again, but what were you actually told in your follow up appointments?

Let us know what happens in June. In advance of your appointment, prepare a simple chronology of your symptoms. Please, listen to, and hear, what the doctors are telling you. If you present with your attitude that it's "only one thing", you may be labeled as anxiety ridden. You don't want that!

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back