Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Ox
City
Ox
Hello,

I am 21 male, and for the last 2-3 weeks I have had random little twitches in my body,

Including: Calf, foot, hand, both arm, back of neck, eye lid, quads, stomach.

I am worried as I came across ALS when looking for an answer!

Hope you can help,

Thanks.

What did your doctor say?

hi andi,
have been to the neuro doc? dou you feel weaker than normaly? have you done anything in tha last few weeks that wasn't the usual way of living? Party, sports, supplements?
This comes from someone, 25 y of age, twitches over the whole body, weakness, small atrophies - who has been to the docs quite often in the last few months, did all the tests - more than once - and still have no answer! But there is no other way round to get answers.
And you will find that most people in here, who allready have a diagnosis, will tell you: ALS twitching doesn't start over the whole body - and for sure not that fast!

take care, D.

As these have just started and not bothered me until I decided to have a quick look online and saw ALS I have not thought the need to go to doctors.

You should go to the dr. We are not drs. we can give advice and the advice I would give is very doubtful it is als. Twitching in als is not until the late stages where nerves and muscles are dying. There are stickies on this forum that explain twitching, you should read them. Don't let fear get the better of you.

If you are worried about it enough to look on-line and register as a forum member - make an appointment with your physician.

I'm betting your symptoms are benign. Had you read the stickies you'd know twitching usually starts after clinical weakness and atrophy. Twitching is most often benign. ALS is fatal.

My husband has a lot of twitching going on in his upper body for 6 months now , and has a lot of strength left , he still plays golf twice a week , his speech is the only problem he has for now ... I wish everyone well that is suffering from this dreaded disease ,, I pray and hope that some day a cure will be found...

Hello josephine and welcome.

Sorry you had to find us. I'm so happy your husband can golf. That's great!

You may want to introduce yourself, by starting your own thread. It'll be easier for us to find you.

Has spring arrived in Ireland? :p:p:sad:

Hello,

I just want to say that when I was in my 20s I had muscle twitching all over--constantly, for years. I was scared about ALS. I went to doctors several times, and they said the twitches were benign. I am now twitch free, but as I said, it took many years. Your twitches are probably Benign Fasciculation Syndrome. Go to the doctor for a neurological exam. Many people get benign fasciculation syndrome. It typically improves over time.

Thank you Agoodlife! That helps any who read these posts! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back