Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Colorado
City
Avon
I have tried for six years for a diagnosis. My symptoms started on Decmeber 14, 2006. My brother died of ALS and I suppose they think I am trying to get attention. This isn't the case. If I could I would donnate all my possions in support for euthansia. I have had emg's ekg's mri's and blood tests and still I just get a pt on the head and they say that I'm allright. I can hardly walk or talk now. Life is very difficult and no loner enjoyable. I'm a very careing person and jsut want to stop the suffering. And pave the way fopr other who hgave go though what I go through. If I could I would donnate my organs to others who use them. I don;t want to be a burdon to society or to my family. I think it's cruel to just let a person wither away and be cast out of society. It's not fare and even pets get better treatment than this.

I am truly sorry for your suffering. If you have normal EMG findings after 7 years it seems unlikely you have ALS but it is clear whatever your physical issues are you are terribly depressed. I do not know what else is going on with you but since you have been unable to find a diagnosis to explain your symptoms at least get help for the depression.
I hope you can feel better

I am saddened by your post. You had not mentioned your brother in your earlier thread. My sincere condolences to you.

Now that ALS has been positively ruled out, you can seek other avenues. It's great news that you not have it! Please, if you can, return to your primary care physician and request further investigation. Your suffering is evident: Physical and emotional- help is available for both. You mentioned having left your homeland. Have you considered going back to be closer to family? Perhaps you are spending too much time "alone" ; this can cause unhealthy feelings of isolation. Please consider doing volunteer work - reading to a blind and/or elderly person, for instance would add meaning to your life and does not require too much energy.

I wish I had more to offer to help you out if the dark space in which you find yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back