Thymosin Beta 4 neuroprotective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Investor, thanks for the encouragement. Upping dosage on subject next week. I am in no way affiliated with these folks, but Labpe has lowered the price and discount code valentine15 dropped price to ten bucks. Best I can find.

Added something else of note to the mix. Having been off of Piracetam and vinpocetine for four months I decided to see if they had any synergy with my other chemicals.. Marked improvement in clarity of remaining speech and ability to attempt enunciation of words/sounds I had abandoned. Not clear speech, but better! Sure hope that was not a fluke.
Best wishes for all, and do not give up.

Helping Vinpocetine´s selective effects Vinpocetine and eyes Increasing neurotransmittiers Vinpocetine and brain aging Vinpocetine, EEG and aging

Increase level of neurotransmittiers

This is an aspect we want to point out from the multiple actions of Vinpocetine.Neurotransmitters are responsible for the transmission between neurons, they are necessary for all cognitive functions. The fact that Vinpocetine increases the levels of various neurotransmitters gives us a basis of its ways of action. Vinpocetine seems to act on neuronal transmission.

Vinpocetine increases levels of Noradrenaline (a neurotransmitter or cathecolaminergic nature, found principally in neurons of the locus coeruleus).
Vinpocetine increases levels of Dopamine (it is found in various neurochemical cerebral via such as the nigrostriatal, mesolimbic and mesocortical. Disorders at this level have been related to schizophrenia.
Vinpocetine increases levels of Serotonine (found in the nucleus of the raphe) It has been associated to appetite and emotive disorders.
Vinpocetine increases levels of Acetylcholine (found in many areas of the Central Nervous System, principally in the basal ganglions and cerebral cortex) It is associated to memory and memory loss.

As stated above, memory is a extremely complex phenomenon and now we have to say that neuronal transmission is even more complex. There are more than 100 identified neurotransmitters, and until now we still do not know which are the functions of each nor the reason for such a great number. Levels of certain neurotransmitters are associated to psychiatric disorders, such is the case of serotonine and clinic depression. But these associations are not exclusive. The only clear fact is that the diversity of neurotransmitters must have a function. This is the reason why we cannot exactly explain how Vinpocetine acts but we can state that Vinpocetine has effects at the level of neurotransmission, as a matter of fact the empirical formula of Vinpocetine is very similar to that of neurotransmitters.

Conclusion

We can state that Vinpocetine has effect at the level of neuronal transmitters and that it also has a generally beneficial action on cerebral metabolism.

Fourth week. Lost seven pounds and gained some lean mass over the course. Back to my pre ALS weight. Sleeping normally. Reduced saliva/phlegm.. Some increase in fasiculations and eyes producing a little extra matter. Not annoyingly though.

Anti-inflammatory role for sulfoxide
In 1999 researchers in Glasgow University found that an oxidised derivative of thymosinβ4 (the sulfoxide, in which an oxygen atom is added to the methioninenear the N-terminus) exerted several potentially anti-inflammatoryeffects on neutrophilleucocytes. It promoted their dispersion from a focus, inhibited their response to a small peptide (F-Met-Leu-Phe) which attracts them to sites of bacterial infection and lowered their adhesion to endothelialcells. (Adhesion to endothelial cells of blood vessel walls is pre-requisite for these cells to leave the bloodstream and invade infected tissue). A possible anti-inflammatory role for the β4 sulfoxide was supported by the group's finding that it counteracted artificially-induced inflammation in mice.

The group had first identified the thymosin sulfoxide as an active factor in culture fluid of cells responding to treatment with a steroid hormone, suggesting that its formation might form part of the mechanism by which steroids exert anti-inflammatory effects. Extracellular thymosin β4would be readily oxidised to the sulfoxide in vivo at sites of inflammation, by the respiratory burst.[23]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back