Status
Not open for further replies.
Super good tips, Laurel. Interesting about the blood work. I'm so glad your husband someone who knew what they were doing and could figure it out. It's amazing how specialized these doctors are. Seriously.

I went in personally to the Neuromuscular Disorder Clinic, and chatted up the receptionist asking her about the wait time. I told her that we were scared and the wait seemed so long. She was very pleasant and I think it helped to actually go in so she could see the person on the end of the phone line. I made sure to get her name and when I called back I always called her by name. Then voila she phoned with a cancellation. It does help a lot to schmooze a bit. April is a long time away so going in and schmoozing might help LOL.

Okay, so here is my plan:

First, gonna call the PA at the neuro's office and ask if she was aware that I have been given an appointment in April! If not, I will see if there is anything she can do to get it moved up.

If she thinks 3 months is a reasonable time to wait (!), I will ask that she test for autoimmune stuff. I will also ask about a prescription for physical therapy. It seems dumb to me to sit around for three months if there is something I can do to at least deal with the weakness/tripping, etc.

I will also ask if they would do the NCV testing. Maybe it's a neuropathy thing. There's no reason they shouldn't be able to do that.

I will also start schmoozing the scheduler at the clinic. I think that is just a fine idea!

Okay, I feel much better now that I have a plan of action. Sitting around on my a$$ for 3 months "waiting" is going to drive me up a wall. I'm a planner and a doer, and if I can at least be doing SOMETHING, I will feel a tad more in control of the situation.

:)

Petlover i havent been down your road yet. So im not good with the answers. But i hope you get all your answers and soon.
Right now i can offer up hugs and well wishes,
Ysabel.

Okay, I just talked to the PA from the Neuro's office today, and she believes there was some sort of snafu in scheduling, as I was supposed to be seen ASAP, not "first available". They even have me scheduled with the wrong doctor! The ALS clinic is closed today, so hopefully I can get it cleared up tomorrow. Maybe I won't have to wait until April after all . . .

Yay! Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back