Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then........NO,YOUR ONSET OF SYMPTOMS ECT SOUND NOTHING LIKE ALS.!
And mulino.......dont snap at people when they try to help or dont give the answers you want to hear.
You used steroids to body build ,as an ex body builder i can tell you those type of steroids can cause serious problems...........obviously it seems you are in denial about your drug use.....anabolic steroids are a drug..........period!

well mull, by process of elimination i reason you have either.....nuttisclerosis, trolliporitissis or winduppitisis...keep posting and i will narrow it down to one.....none are curable anyway...good luck, johnny

Thank you for your concern though steroids do not cause neurological damage especially more than a year after taking them. Me admitting that they were dangerous etc and stating the obvious about the fact that they are a drug (pharmaceutical product designed to treat certain condition like hypogonadism that I do have) will not really achieve anything.

I have arachnoiditis because lumbar puncture punctured a capilary in my hypervasculized spinal space. Was taking them a mistake? maybe... probably... what now? Blame every problem I ever have on them? nope... sorry to dissapoint you but neurological symptoms do not have anything to do with male sex hormones.

I came here to see what ppl think about my situation. That does not mean that I must take each and everybodies opinion. If I reject steroids as a cause it is not because I am unable to cope with my mistakes risktaking behavior or some moral lack of trying to cheat my way to athletic success. It is because I am have already took that subject with people educated on the matter and ruled it out without a reasonable doubt.

Something is wrong with me if I taste metal, keep sweating although it is cold (no I do not have a cold) have that electric feeling in my toes like I have crossed my legs too hard but did not and have visible muscle atrophy along with fasculisations and shaking when I flex some muscles in my arms.

liverpool man if you think I am trolling ignore this thread, knowing a random person online got a bad vibe from me does not make any difference I have enough of that.

I do not deny steroids have sideeffects or that they are a drug (a pharmecutical product made to treat hypogonadism that I have).
I excluded them without even a little doubt because I already went over that subject with physitians, users, dealers etc. It is not something that has never occured to me.

My lumbar puncture went wrong because of steroid usage. Taking steroids was probably a mistake but I cannot blame everything on them.

I have metallic taste in my mouth, I am sweating although it is cold (I do not have flu), I feel that electric thing that you get in toes when you cross your legs too long and too hard and I have fasculisations, atrophy and shaking of some arm muscles when I flex them.

I appreciate any help I get here and thank you guys for helping me although I am rude negative and probably other stuff that comes out and I don`t even notice.

liverpool man if you think I am trolling than ignore this thread

I do not deny steroids have sideeffects or that they are a drug (a pharmecutical product made to treat hypogonadism that I have).
I excluded them without even a little doubt because I already went over that subject with physitians, users, dealers etc. It is not something that has never occured to me.

My lumbar puncture went wrong because of steroid usage. Taking steroids was probably a mistake but I cannot blame everything on them.

I have metallic taste in my mouth, I am sweating although it is cold (I do not have flu), I feel that electric thing that you get in toes when you cross your legs too long and too hard and I have fasculisations, atrophy and shaking of some arm muscles when I flex them.

I appreciate any help I get here and thank you guys for helping me although I am rude negative and probably other stuff that comes out and I don`t even notice.

liverpool man if you think I am trolling than ignore this thread

Well, I must confess that I never expected to end up discussing my use of male sex hormone on the forum but it may be of help to someone, and that is what it's all about, so let's go.

I have been treated with testosterone for seven years or so, which baffled me somewhat since I'm a woman, but my doctors explained to me that I had no detectable traces of testosterone, and that whilst this was a considerable improvement on my previous position, when I had no detectable traces of cortisol, it was still not a good thing and should be rectified.

My adrenal function, which provides cortisol, and testosterone, and a lot of other things, apparently went splat, leaving me with an exceedingly short life span unless it was corrected, or at least improved since correcting is still beyond the medics abilities. Cortisol, by the way, is the substance which is converted to adrenaline in response to stress and without it you die very quickly of shock.

So, I have the personal experience you were claiming that no-one other than you possesses here, and your symptoms still sound nothing remotely like the experiences of those with ALS on this forum. I appreciate that you were not being monitored by endocrinologists, since your drug use was illegal, but testosterone has significant effects on the brain; claiming that it has no neurological consequences is nonsense. I can, however, assure you that none of my endocrinologists has ever suggested that those consequences include ALS.

Judging from your use of capital letters you may have a touch of roid rage but I'm more inclined to believe that Johny's differential diagnoses are the ones to go with. You are being abusive to people trying to help you, and if I am to help you then I need to open your eyes to the fact that this is truly self destructive and that you have to do better; I wish you luck in your journey...

So, I have the personal experience you were claiming that no-one other than you possesses here, and your symptoms still sound nothing remotely like the experiences of those with ALS on this forum. I appreciate that you were not being monitored by endocrinologists, since your drug use was illegal, but testosterone has significant effects on the brain; claiming that it has no neurological consequences is nonsense.

Judging from your use of capital letters you may have a touch of roid rage

where did I make claims about others?

which of my symptoms are not a part of als?

how do you know I was not monitored by endocrinologist? have I said that anywhere? if I have a diagnosis of hypogonadism which is why I have low libido why do you assume I had no contact with doctors?

can you show me a link that can prove to me that testosterone has neurologic sideefects and answer me why are they not listed among 23 other sideefects?

you have a wild imagination connected to the capital letters, guess if I used red color that would mean I am looking for blood or something :roll:

With all due respect, I think you are on the wrong forum. Many have suggested you likely do not have ALS, and as you know we are not physicians. I am uncertain as to your motivation in posting here, other than feeding your own ego. You may do better on another web forum, one that is more geared towards rudeness and sharp posts; this would be more compatible with your demeanour, which I submit is "disgusting".

I cannot think of a member more capable of helping you than those who have responded to you already. Since you are clearly unhappy with the generous replies, please move on.

By the way, the taste of metal in your mouth might be due to someone's fist dislodging your fillings?

Last edited:
I am reading my posts many times and I have no clue why am I rude... why do you assume that someone who is obviously molested, suicidal and with arachnoiditis (google that) is mentaly 100% sane?

Do you think that someone growing up like me is going to turn out as a kind empathy filled diplomat?
metallic taste came after a headbutt forehead to forehead and I doubt my fillings are loose.

arachnoiditis produces syringomyelia and syringomyelia can produce both upper motor and lower motor symptoms, syringomyelia is much more common in young people... I am surprised that no one here told me something like that. or even suggested that it could be MS, CIDP or brain tumor.

Mulino

The use of blocks of capital letters is conventionally understood on the Web as conveying anger, hence my observation. And your post re hypogonadism was still in moderation when I responded to you; I had not seen it.

Your belief that stopping taking drugs means they can no longer affect you has no basis in science. Sadly, abuse of anabolic steroids can and sometimes does result in irreversible effects; given your previous problems with acne it was remarkably ill advised to start messing around with male sex hormones.

Unfortunately you do not appear to have learned any lessons; if you really have been treated by endocrinologists you are ignoring everything they have said to you. No endocrinologist would tell you that testosterone does not affect the brain; it's possible that the head butting has induced amnesia, but I think it's more likely that you simply do not want to hear anything that conflicts with your ongoing self pity fest.

And that's sad because you may well have something which needs urgent treatment, but you are not going to get it because you still think you know more than your doctors, and you are going to carry on ignoring them.

For example, sweating when it's cold is an immediate Red Flag for me because it happens in adrenal insufficiency, and that is not good because I could die within hours without treatment. It has nothing to do with ALS...

mulino,yes a doctor can prescribe anabolic steroids for a few specific medical conditions but other than them it is illegal for a doctor to prescribe otherwise..........so you took them illegally.
Taking them under supervision from a doctor would for instance require your liver being checked at regular intervals for sign of desease or failure which these steroids can cause .
I did not say your specific neurological symptoms were caused by steroids but as you admit having taken steroids has caused some health problems.
Still ,you do not sound like you could have als..........given your age,how rare als is it is most most likely something else.
I am very much anti-drugs so forgive me if i find drug taking so offensive.

To answer your question about what signs and symptoms you have that are not consistent with ALS:

The metallic taste in your mouth

Profuse sweating

The odd feeling you have in your toes

The "white stuff" on your tongue could be thrush and is not related to ALS

You said you have been stable for nearly a year: that is not typically how ALS works

You have symmetrical muscle atrophy in both forearms and legs: that is not how ALS typically works. ALS typically affects a region of the body (almost always distally) and first debilitates that area and then marches-on to areas that are adjacent to it in a relentless manner.

If your brisk reflexes are symmetrical, that too is not how ALS behaves in its intial onset, which is definitely where you would be if you had ALS.

Fasciculations are a sign of ALS but everyone twitches, so they in and of themselves are not indicative of ALS. They would be a small part of the diagnosis.

Cramps are a sign of ALS but cramps can be due to a gazillion things, and again, would only be part of the diagnosis.

You cannot concentrate on a couple of things that might be related to ALS and then forget about everything else. Your story as a whole is simply not the story of someone with ALS. No one here is saying there isn't anything wrong with you; what they are saying is that you don't have ALS and I agree. You don't have it.

Let your physicians determine what you have and do your best to be a bit nicer to people who genuinely try to help you (that would include the wonderful people of this forum).

I understand that you think that taking steroids is offensive, I think I just heard so much criticism on that subject that it made me hostile.
I did go threw all checks and took the appropriate therapy whenever something was out of balance.

Wright thank you for your post.

Yes these symptoms all came within 2 weeks and my kinesiotherapist said that this atrophy was not here a month ago.

Is it normal that fasculisations are active while a muscle is flexed and going threw it? That is what is different about these fasculisations.

I am feeling some action tremors now and I do not know is it because of my panic or what is going on.

If all of your symptoms happened over a two week period and your muscle atrophy happened in a month's time, there is absolutely no way that what you are experiencing is due to ALS. I am absolutely confident of that.

Fasciculations can occur when the muscle is at rest or active. When they happen isn't indicative of one thing or another.

Your tremors could certainly be due to your anxiety or could have something to do with your condition. Whatever it is, it does not sound life-threatening, so do your best to relax. Your physicians will determine what it is, you just have to be patient. I wish you peace in the meantime.

Aww c'mon Wright ... I know you can go trfogey-style on people when they have it coming. You were too dang nice. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back