Diagnosis
03/2012
Country
US
State
MO
City
aaaa
Watching Diners, Drive ins and Dives. Drinking mint hot chocolate and drooling over the great food.

o david restarted us,i guess
hi vicki watching guy vs rachel

I like those shows! Love Chopped, too! Caregiver started today, I like her... I hope Rog likes her, she seems competent. The lift gets put on the car in the morning! Woohoo!

Jen

Thanks for the new thread, Vicki!

Plain, hot, sweet tea for me, but I had a great dinner! Daughter #1 made eggplant parm and my favorite baby Brussel sprouts sautéed with a bit of garlic and bacon. Daughter #3( the 25 year old baby). Arrives from NY tomorrow to be my live in CALS for a week while KK gets a break to attend An engagement party for her best friend in NY.( She'll be the maid of honor next year)

Hey MP~~~~~~~~~ are you using your new toy to type? That task is becoming increasingly difficult for me.

We watched Morning Glory after the grands turned over the TV and went to sleep. My 4 year old granddaughter was excited to bring her "morning clothes" for a sleepover.

Jen, I'm so glad you like Rog's carer. I hope Rog does too. Mine can use a half bar of soap for one bed bath! I swear that the next day KK only needs to use plain water on me cause I'll foam up!
I'm anxious to see how the lift works for you guys. I hope it's not a disappointment. I haven't been able to safely transfer to the car since June.

not yet deb. haven't got it unlocked. today or tomarrow. dinner sounds fab. i let my tea get cold this am playing around. love choped too. good luck with the caregiver and the lift. deb r u far enough north in ga to get snow.?

Deb, that's funny about the bar of soap! Must be how they're trained, mine does the same thing. I have a PCA every day for 4 hours and she's much younger than I thought I'd hire but like her energy a lot.

Wow! Helen, 4 hours is great! I only get bath and linen change twice a week. I'm so glad you're getting some energetic help.

MP,,I've been back in GA 7 years and we've only had a light dusting (pretty snow) once that melted within 24 hours. We're only 45 minutes inland from Savannah so it's infrequent.

Baby girl arrived safely and is planning the week's menu! Yum!

Good morning all! All this tea talk . . . A friend gave me some chai tea a few weeks ago and now i can't stop drinking them. they are so good! My friend gave me the first one with hazelnut creamer added and now i'm hooked. Just ordered a chai tea latte at a coffee house yesterday and it was delicious!

Oh yes, I love chai, I have a a decaf cup in the afternoon. I love tea, I have several flavors like chocolate strawberry, mint chocolate, butterscotch carmel all decaf! I also have the normal like earl grey and irish breakfast but I can't have those in the afternoon. Have a great day.

Love chopped and the 3-D show. Deb, what's on this week's menu? Need to look up some crock pot meal recipes on-line.

Hi Everyone:
Hope you are all having a good week. The VA clinic just recently installed my dad's wheelchair ramp and it is very nice. He went out the other day to get his haircut. We hope to get him out more but are being cautious with it being flu season and he just got over a bout with it.
Our kids are back in school and I'm not a morning person so am having to get my lazy b--- up to drive them.
Getting pretty aggravated with alot of apparent trolls who seem to be making a huge comeback in the last week on the forum. I guess it makes me more sad then aggravated anymore that people could be so heartless. I sometimes just have my Kindle or computer on while I'm dong other things. Alot of Pals go out of their way to try to help others just to be taking advantage of by these people. That is what irritates me the most.
Take care everyone and hope the rest of your week goes well. Kim

Hi All,
The lift on the car worked great! Got some shopping done and planning now for the delivery of the hospital bed on Friday. Gotta move mattresses around and look for the beast under the bed...hope the friends that come to help aren't too grossed out. I think Nutter Dog has shed her weight in hair.... Hoyer lift, beasey board and something else scheduled to be delivered. I have fought with the VA for months and now it all comes at once. Rog and the caregiver are going to have to go through his gajillion t-shirts, I have Maddie tomorrow.
Nothing to share but York Peppermint Patties, my cooking has been way off!

Jen

York Peppermint Patties ! Yummmm! I'll come to your house.

I'll settle for a peppermint patty!

Deb, how is your foot sounds awful!

I was just reading about the benefits of honey and cinnamon in tea... used to use honey, guess I'll be doing that again!

What are the benefits? I love honey and cinnamon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back