Learn about ALS
Country
Sve
State
Kista
City
Stockholm
Hi everyone i'm new here.

Before i start i just wanna say i'm from Turkey ( Istanbul ) my English and gramatic is not good at all but i will do my best.

Everything starts 5 weeks ago, i had a twitch on my biceps.

I get curious and start to google twitches and that was a big mistake.
Many ALS sites came up, i never heard about ALS before so i start to read about ALS and the nightmare started.

Everything went really fast, only a few days after i have twitches all over my body.
Both legs (calves, knees,thighs,hips)
Both arms (biceps, triceps, forearm)
My back, stomach, face sometimes,shoulder even my butt.

And the symtoms is like one second i have twicthces in my calve and after 2 minutes in my triceps next minute in my face it has been like this in 5 weeks some days more and some days less

Is this a symtom in ALS or does ALS twtches starts in one muscle group?
I have no weakness or muscle weakness but I fear that it will soon, i don't know why im thinking like that, I'm about to go crazy...

Almost 80% webbsites says its a late symtom but there is webbsites who says it is a early symptom, what is the truth? I'm so afraid:(:(

I have gone to three different doctors and all three made the basic neurology tests
they checked my reflex,balance and my sensation and everythink is perfect not even the slightest deviation.

None of them gave me a referral to a neurologist.

Please someone help me?

Sincerely very worried

One more think sorry, sometimes i feel a little weakness in my both arms and legs it comes and goes

Fenerim you need to slowly read through all the "stickys" that are above your post. And also you should do some reading about Benign Fasciculation Syndrome. Having had check ups from three doctors is very positive when they haven't found a thing--lots of people have twitches and not A L S. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Laurel

Hey hey Sweden,

I lived for awhile in Lidköping & Lulea - It's a lovely country with an excellent universal healthcare system.

If your docs think you need to be seen by a neurologist, you would have been referred. That being said, if you feel strongly about it, you can go back and request a referral. BUT- please keep in mind people twitch! It's not at all unusual and is generally benign. Harmless.

In my case, weakness appeared over the course of 1.5 years, and then the fasciculations began. These twitches did not start overnight either nor did they move all around my body as you have described. They started at the weakness site and were very subtle. In fact, my physician detected them before I did. Suggest you read the stickies on the subject.

You ought not jump to conclusions. Please relax. Stress and anxiety can exacerbate symptoms- even in healthy people.

Ahhh mod- land but essentially wrote what Laurel just told you.

Hi everyone i read the sticks and that made me calm.

But please i just want yes or no, does symptoms similar to ALS? for you ?

Merry Christmas to all of you and may God be with you

greetings from a muslim friend

I am sorry for your situation, but no one here can say a simple yes or no to your question. Neuro/muscle disease is very hard to diganosis, there is no simple test. It took 5 years to get my diagnosis, mulitple doctors and multiple tests of all kinds.
Stress and anxiety can cause you to get really sick and increase your twitching. I am not saying you don't have a neurological problem. If you feel that you do then don't give up see another doctor. Keep a diary of these twitches. How long they last, when they come on what are you doing, that sort of thing. Take it with you when you see the doctor that will give the doctor a time line and might help to determine if there is a problem. I wish you peace.

thx for the answer Vicky

Unfortunately, I get no referral..I forgot to say that I am 32

last doctor told me not to worry and that I am healthy

my twitching disappears when I move on me

I understand about the twitching moving. I get stinging sensations and itching and twitching and usually when I touch or scratch that area it will disappear. Write it down and keep track so you can take it to the doctor. Is twitching is the only problem? I know you mentioned the feeling of weakness, did you mention that to the doctor? I don't know how to make you feel better other than to tell you we are here to help aliviate your fears through giving you a place to talk. Try not to worry too much and know we care and will listen.

Yess the twiching is only symtom

I read Here in forum that weakness doesnt comes and goes, when it come it stays

Im worried over My twiches

Look up benign fasciculation syndrome and see if that fits your symptoms. I hope you find out what is wrong. I wish you peace

Thx you very mutch for everything it looks like bfs i hope

Peace!

I really hope so. Good luck ! Peace and love to you and your family.

Ottawa girl: i feel better now thx for the information Sweden is à nice country im from turkey but live in Sweden

I checked bfs and it looks like that i hope

God bless you all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back