Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should stop looking at your feet so much! Go out and enjoy the holidays and rejoice!

I wanted to post this in my thread for foot drop but it won't let me because it is closed. From posts I know it says that before foot drop your shoes can feel loose. Today when I was walking around the shopping centre my right foot was loose in my boot. When your shoes were loose before foot drop did you have weakness? Would you be able to push strength on dorsiflexed foot if you were having symptoms before foot drop? That is the strength test I wanted to know if you'd be able.to do before foot drop.

Thank You

sorry I never noticed, and had a bad ankle that I blamed...

Guys--it's time to stop answering dear Bob. He's not listening to anything anyone says. Stop feeding would be my suggestion.

Bob: Asked and answered. You don't have atrophy--the doctor would have seen it. Swelling is NOT a sign of ALS. Period. It's just NOT. It's a COMPLICATION of issues in limbs that are UNUSABLE or VERY weakened to the point of not being used.

Seriously--get a grip, and really, with all the best intent I say this: Please see a doctor about your health anxiety before you truly do become ill.

Swelling in the feet is never normal--but it can have very, very benign causes--and luckily for you, ALS is not one of them.

Atrophy is ALWAYS ALWAYS preceded by WEAKNESS. Always, because the weakness in ALS is caused by the nerves no longer connecting to the muscles, hence, the muscles weaken and DIE. The body reabsorbs the muscle that is no longer being used--which is what Atrophy really is. It's DEAD MUSCLE, for all intents and purposes.

Notme,

Thank You for your post. I just wanted to say I do listen to you. I now understand swelling in the feet is not an ALS symptom but something that happens due to disuse in wheelchairs. I know my GP and the Neurologist said I had no Atrophy because weakness would have first proceeded it. So I thank everyone for saying about these questions because you have helped me undetstand it better.

I am just so worried about my foot drop question. If anyone knows? When your shoes start to feel loose before foot drop occurs do you have weakness in dorsiflexed foot, tip toes, heels walking? Or just upon clinical strength examination?

Thank You

For the last time, I shall indulge your fantasy.

Foot drop? Your foot doesn't work- even when you tell it to- it trips you up. you fall down.

Buy new shoes for Pete's sake and run away from here- you have received a clean bill of health- please don't waste it- spend it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back