Happiness now

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, I share your feelings dear Sharon! This prayer is so well said, it is how I feel
and have been at a loss for words, truly. I pray in tears, sobs really. Knowing that
I can hug my daughter, I just really don't have adequate words for my sorrow for
their pain.

The prayer of invoking "otherworldly comfort" is so deeply well expressed. I have gone on
face book to read the many posts, finding some comfort knowing that so many are
in prayer and deep intention.

Thank you for these and the picture of the dove. I heard a rabbi on TV saying that being
with these families was sacred. I liked that word, the sacredness. Without a sense of
God, I don't know how to live.

God bless you my wonderful friend. God bless all of those beautiful souls, send your angels
and your light!

JAYNE, UNTIL I FOUND THAT PRAYER MY HEART WAS SO HEAVY, BUT AFTERWARDS MY HEART BECAME PEACEFUL. BLESSINGS TO YOU~ LOVE, LIGHT AND JOY!

"Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege,
opportunity, and responsibility
to give something back by helping others."
our selves by becoming something more. ~ UNKNOWN

Your purpose here on the Earth is to give the gifts that your soul desires to give; those that create harmony, cooperation, sharing, and reverence for life, no matter what form they take.

~~unknown

Lord, Give us a life of simple joys,
Of laughter and love, peace from above.
Whenever there's little,
Help us see much.
Give us light for our path,
and strength for the race.

Content in our hearts,
And blessed by your grace.
Fill our souls with compassion,
So there's no room for strife,
Help us, encourage us,
With sweet Snippets of Life.....

~~Not Attributed To Any Author

"WHAT WE ALL NEED RIGHT NOW " ♥

When pain, suffering, misfortune and calamity threaten our peace and happiness, and at times our very existence, then let us have the courage to fight onward. By overcoming the demons of fear and worry that rise on such occasions, they cannot subdue our minds and dim the visions of our souls. Much of our misery and depression in this life is due to our own violation of the laws of our being. As long as we allow people and things to influence us to a spirit of fear, then chaos, confusion, and destruction will be rampant in our world. But when we radiate a spirit of faith, love, and courage, when we embody in our souls all the noble attributes that lift humanity above the plane of selfishness and desire, when we keep our faces turned toward the sunshine---then the shadows will fall behind us! ~~unknown

Since in order to speak,
one must first listen,
learn to speak by listening ~
~ Rumi ~

I have this theory that if one person can go out of their way to show compassion, then it will start a chain reaction of the same. People will never know how far a little kindness can go.

- Rachel Joy Scott -

...May I be a guard for those who need protection
...A guide for those on the path
...A boat, a raft, a bridge for those who wish to cross the flood
...May I be a lamp in the darkness
...A resting place for the weary
...A healing medicine for all who are sick
...A vase of plenty, a tree of miracles
...And for the boundless multitudes of living beings
...May I bring sustenance and awakening
...Enduring like the earth and sky
...Until all beings are freed from sorrow
...And all are awakened.

Dali Lama

"Once we understand that external reality cannot be separated from internal reality, it becomes very clear that negative energy within ourselves is very self-destructive. Emotional turbulence is a major barrier to the spontaneous fulfillment of desire. But when we transform negative energy into a higher level of awareness, we are on our way to mastering SynchroDestiny."
~ Deepak Chopra

Pax
All that matters is to be at one with the living God
To be a creature in the house of the God of Life.
Like a cat asleep on a chair
at peace, in peace
and at one with the master of the house,
with the mistress,
at home, at home in the house of the living,
sleeping on the hearth, and yawning before the fire.
Sleeping on the hearth of the living world
yawning at home before the fire of life
feeling the presence of the living God
like a great reassurance
a deep calm in the heart
a presence
as of the master sitting at the board
in his own and greater being,
in the house of life.
—D.H. Lawrence*

Attachments

• PHOTO 2 LITTLE ANGELS.jpg
    PHOTO 2 LITTLE ANGELS.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,609
Sharon, thank you for those baby angels and for the prayer, I just read it again and it
does help; it helps me more deeply voice what I wish to express and feel. I so appreciate
how people are gathered in love and sending loving messages.

The wisdom of not letting others instill in us a spirit of fear is really helpful too. Radiating a
spirit of faith and trust is my deep goal and I really needed that reading today. At times
of deep challenge I sometimes don't feel my connection. I see, and have seen before too
how being aware of that is the first step back, and then being willing again...

Today I am willing to open to trust and I am grateful for that awareness. I really appreciate
the light that you and others shine....I really find it helps guide me back to my center.

Much Love and Gratitude and Deep Appreciation!

JAYNE, FEAR IS A HARD THING TO FACE....BUT TRUST IN GOD'S BIGGER PICTURE TAKES YOU OUT OF FEAR. ITS LIKE STANDING ON A MOUNTAIN TOP, YOU GET ALOT OF PERSPECTIVE ON YOUR LIFE.

In in the time of most need and when all seems lost... there always seems to be a glimmer of hope... something to hold onto to something to keep us going... in the depths of our being......... we have within us... an infinite capacity to Love and comfort each another...... Let US PRAY FOR THE TERRIBLE SHOOTING OF CHILDREN IN CONNECTICUT _(♥)_

The consciousness
of loving and being loved
brings a warmth
and richness to life
that nothing else can bring.

~~ Oscar Wilde

"To rise above limitation does not mean changing the physical conditions of your life.
It means going beyond these conditions to know who you truly are. ~UNKNOWN

The only work that will ultimately bring any good to any of us is the work of contributing to the healing of the world.
~~Marianne Williamson

To love abundantly is to live abundantly, and to love forever is to live forever."
~ Henry Drummond

Dear Angels, I need your support, comfort, reassurance, and Love. Please help me release sadness, grief, bitterness, and disappointment. Please give me clear signs that my heart is healing and that everything is okay. Amen ~~Doreen Virtue

When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed.

~~ Fred Rogers

When tragedy strikes, it's not easy to stay connected to the core essence of who you are..... to stay in Love with our world and everyone in it.

And yet staying connected to your loving kindness and compassion is the key to navigating our Journey as Who we Really Are.... and to being the healing presence you wish to be.
I wish you the strength, awareness and courage to be a bright shining beacon of Light in these dark times..... May we walk in Beauty and Grace ((( ♥ )))~~UNKNOWN

Hope for the world uplifts the world.
Despair or frustration add to the heaviness that is
already present.

If you wish to help the world, believe in its possibilities -
not as a world apart from God,
but one in which the sacred shall finally be revealed.
~Julie Redstone

Attachments

• PHOTO  PEACE HOOP.jpg
    PHOTO PEACE HOOP.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 229
So true Sharon, seeing the big picture from the mountain....so what we need...I need!
True too about the glimmer of hope, even in really dark times....so true. You find such
soulful writers as YOU are too!

What has helped me is choosing loving actions and when I review my day, I feel a peace
that I had offered them. There have been many circumstances where I have lately been
tempted to close my heart, yet was guided to a more open~hearted response for MY sake
really. This has been freeing and I am grateful for a growing Peace.

I have been reading a lot about the coming shift on Friday, to a higher more freer level of
love. Everything I have read has been of liberation of old patterns and expanded love. I
love that people are gathered around the world on that date 12~21~12 to pray and
invoke higher energies of love and liberation from old patterns.

I offer my prayers to all those that are suffering...I so deeply offer my prayers. Thank you
for these beautiful prayers and offerings Sharon...such light here....God bless you and God
bless us all!

OPENNED HEARTEDNESS IS THE KEY TO HAPPINESS. I STARTED TO CLOSE MY HEART BECAUSE THERE IS A FLU GOING AROUND ON MY FLOOR, BUT THEN I OPENNED MY HEART TO THE LOVE AND LIGHT SURROUNDING ME AND SAID TO MYSELF, "IF MY GOD WANTS YO TAKE HOME THEN I SHOULD BE OPEN TO THAT."

The heart is your student for Love is the only way we learn.~~ Rumi

"In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you."
~ Deepak Chopra

WAKE UP - There is insurpassable joy within you!
WAKE UP - The belief, that you need to do something to be free, is just another story!
WAKE UP - You have always been here!
WAKE UP - One day you will realize that these words were written to You by You!
WAKE UP!
~unknown

"The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes. If you foolishly ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it." ~Frank Lloyd Wright

Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much. ~
~~ rhonda crippen

"Whatever comes, don't push it away. When it goes, do not grieve." ~~Mooji

If you're always racing to the next moment, what happens to the one you're in? — unknown

"I find the best way to love someone is not to change them, but instead, help them reveal the greatest version of themselves." Steve Maraboli

Compassion is not just an emotion; it is a force. — Rashad Hasan

"The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper." ~W.B. Yeats

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other." ~~Mother Theresa

Attachments

• Light-path.jpg
    Light-path.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 2,313
Dear Sharon, I send my light to you too. You are so wise, to keep an open~heart even
with the flu going around, please keep us posted about that....you have been through
much and are still shining brightly!

Last night I was having some deep feelings come up, and I came to this thread and re~read
it from the beginning...it was like being on a journey and my the end I was feeling so much
lighter. These words and the pictures too have such a richness~they go into my heart and elevate me!

That "Wake Up" line that says that we will realize that we wrote this "to you by you" is such
a beacon, as are all these healing words. I also tried something, I was in a fear state and
tried just smiling. The act really changed my feelings...just smiling. Again, the things I was in fear
about turned out to be not as big as I had projected and today is a new beginning.

Today I am grateful to have slept, that my daughter is well and happy, that I am much more
present with my husband and my home and myself. Awakening is brave and beautiful and
such a journey! I am grateful to be on this journey with you dear Sharon! Your light is so
bright!

JAYNE, YOUR LIGHT IS SHINING BRIGHTLY TOO....EACH DAY IS A JOURNEY TO THE LIGHY, I TAKE EACH DAY AS A GIFT FROM MY CREATOR. I AM SO THANKFUL FOR OUR FRIENDSHIP....... My Christmas wish for you all is to live in Peace Harmony Laughter and Love and know how Beautiful each one of you are ... You shine so bright with your Love and Light I just want you know how much you all mean to me ...this group would not be what it is without each one of you and though we have never met in person you are all known to me and stay in my heart I feel we have been friends forever ....

((( ♥ )))

The people who are really blessed with loving-kindness, happiness and compassion have a common understanding. This understanding is that we are all interconnected with each other, with life and the universe. When one has courage to see and do things beyond his own limited self-centred perspective this understanding becomes clear. Things become easier and one struggles less. It’s a simple equation – benefit others to benefit yourself. The one-liner advice here is “See yourself in others”.

~~Gilbert Ross

May we open to a deeper understanding and genuine Love and caring for the multitude of faces, who are none other than our Self.

~~Wendy Egyoku Nakao

Within you lies a vision of what your heart
wishes to create in life.
There is no one without such a vision.

However small you may feel your life to be.....
go into the silence and find the vision that is yours.
You are full and complete and will find it there
if you look. ~ unlnown

Every action of our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in Eternity...

~~Edwin Hubbel Chapin

Love wakes us up to peace and joy. Love is within you.. has always been within you.. and it will lead you there.

~~ A Course in Miracles

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
John Quincy Adams

Heavenly Father, remind us each day that, of all the gifts you give us, the greatest gift is love. It is not enough to share that love with those we hold dear. Open our hearts not to just those who are close to us, but to all humanity. Let us be slow to judge and quick to forgive, show patience, empathy and love.
~~unknown

Explore your life as if you are out searching for new frontiers. Let your inner guidance help to show the way and trust that you deserve the best, because you do. Reach for the stars with your dreams and your desires and do not compromise or settle for less than. You live in an abundant Universe and there is enough for everyone. Trust that you will receive what you need and be open to receive it, then leave the how up to God and your angels and as this unfolds for you, ask that it happen in a way that brings happiness and joy as you explore your new frontiers.

While your dreams and desires are coming to fruition, keep your focus on noticing the signs of which way to go, and keep charging along. Create a happy home and work environment for yourself and settle for nothing less. Keep your thoughts positive and supporting you. Use affirmations as they are powerful tools you use every day, it is just that oftentimes you are not listening to the affirmations you currently use in your thoughts and words. Ask your angels and guides to help you see the bigger pictures of the affirmations in your life and then rewrite them so they are working for you and not against you.~unknown

Never forget the three powerful resources you have within you ♥

Love ♥

Prayer ♥

Forgiveness ♥

~~Brenda Joyce McAleer

Attachments

• PHOTO DOLFINS.jpg
    PHOTO DOLFINS.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 298
My friend, I feel that we have known each other too, and always will...I love that
thought. Your Christmas wish is so beautiful and I wish the same for you Sharon and
every beautiful person on this golden thread.

I really feel inspired to think that others are a reflection and that we are all connected.
I see beautiful reflections more and more and I am very grateful for that. Also, where
there is a painful one, it takes the sting out by choosing to believe that I am not a victim
and I can choose my response. This new perspective has been really empowering,
especially when involved with family of origin. I am so grateful, so very grateful, for my
new freedom and self-love no matter what!

Yes! Asking for guidance to see the big picture and writing my affirmations to support my
life and dreams...love that! Seeing the big picture is so healing and when I am in pain I
am seeing things through a small place that isn't whole. As I travel through this holiday
season I really need that glorious big view!

I remember a special Christmas Eve...we were in the church in our little town at midnight mass,
we were a bit disappointed for no snow that year, even though we lived in upstate NY. Coming out of mass
there was about a foot on snow and it kept falling...as we walked home in it...it felt magical.

Blessings dear friend and to all here...

JAYNE, WE SHALL FOCUS ON THE CHRIST, AS A LITTLE BABY WHO HANDED HIMSELF TO US IN ALL HIS VULNERBILITY,. JESUS WAS SMALL AND EVER LIKE A BABY, TRUSTING HIMSELF TO MARY AND JOSEPH, AND ALL OF HUMANITY. I LOVE WHITE SNOW FALLING ON CHRISTMAS TOO. MAY YOU HAVE A VERY BLESSED CHRISTMAS!

Every leaf that grows will tell you..
what you sow will bear fruit
So if you have any sense.. my friend
don’t plant anything but Love

~~Rumi

Twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38
when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.
their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.
they could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.
they were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say.
they remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
"where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
"this is heaven." declared a small boy. "we're spending Christmas at God's house."
when what to their wondering eyes did appear,
but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.
then He opened His arms and He called them by name.
and in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring
those children all flew into the arms of their King
and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.
and as if He could read all the questions she had
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."
then He looked down on earth, the world far below
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe
then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"
"may this country be delivered from the hands of fools"
"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"
then He and the children stood up without a sound.
"come now my children, let me show you around."
excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.
all displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.
and i heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
"in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

Written by Cameo Smith, Mt. Wolf, PA

While your dreams and desires are coming to fruition, keep your focus on noticing the signs of which way to go and keep charging along. Create a happy home and work environment for yourself and settle for nothing less than the best! Keep your thoughts positive and make sure they are always supporting you. Use affirmations as they are powerful tools for you to use every day! It is just that oftentimes you are not listening to the affirmations you currently use in your thoughts and words. Ask your angels and guides to help you see the bigger pictures of the affirmations in your life and then rewrite them so that they are working for you and not against you.

Affirmation: "I love to explore all the aspects of my life and I know that many wonderful opportunities await my discovery as my journey unfolds.

Be patient toward all that is un-resolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.

~~ Rainer Maria Rilke

Pearls are very significant because they are the only jewel that grows from the inside out. When a pearl is formed, it starts out as sand. The sand gets into an oyster and irritates the oyster and then the oyster creates a kind of covering of the sand that then grows to become a pearl.
"THIS REPRESENTS THAT BEAUTY CAN COME FROM ADVERSITY."
"YES STRESS AND PRESSURE"
YES YOU ARE BEING TRANSFORMED INTO A PEARL
The pearl color is white and white is the result when all the colors come together in light!
This white light represents the light within each one of us."
There are four purposes in life: To love ♥, To serve ♥, To know ♥, and To Be ♥.
The four purposes are the Oneness of ALL creation!
It is the connection that we ALL share!~~ UNKNOWN

Love must be as much a light, as it is a flame.
~Henry David Thoreau

Meeting negative conditions with negative thoughts is a way of giving in to them. Meeting negative conditions with a miracle-worker's faith is a way of asserting dominion over them.
~Marianne Williamson

The more you are motivated by Love,
The more Fearless & Free your action will be.”

~~Dalai Lama

"What happens when people open their hearts?"...
"They get better."

- Haruki Murakami

Blessed are the single-hearted, for they shall enjoy much peace. If you refuse to be hurried and pressed, if you stay your soul on God, nothing can keep you from that clearness of spirit which is life and peace. In that stillness you will know what His will is.

~~Amy Carmichael

You are the lightworkers here to spread light and love ♥ throughout the WHOLE WORLD!
WHEREVER YOU GO SPREAD LOVE!
It is not always an easy path to shine your light in the darkest of places, however that is a big part of your purpose, to spread the light into the hearts of those that are dim. It is part of the ascension process and it is when you see what feels like the worst of humankind that you know how important that love is and that you want to expand it to brighten your world.

Affirmations: "I am a lightworker here to spread Creator light and love; I foster my abilities to connect with spirit and shine my light to ALL THE WORLD."

"What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family."
~ Mother Teresa

Magic ... is a sudden opening of the mind to the wonder of existence. It is a sense that there is much more to life than what we usually recognize; that we do not have to be confined by the limited views that our family, our society, or our own habitual thoughts impose on us; that life contains many dimensions, depths, textures, and meanings extending far beyond our familiar beliefs and concepts.

~~ John Welwood

Attachments

• photo snowcapped mountain.jpg
    photo snowcapped mountain.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 251
Dear Sharon, the "11 Days Before Christmas" poem really touched me deeply. I am so
moved that someone can write like that and offer its healing message. I cried when I
read it....so comforting!

And, thank you for Rumi again. I LOVE his writing and had not read that one before. His
words are so pure and true. This is so helpful, the visual of planting seeds of love only.

The wisdom about the pearl, growing from the inside out and forming under pressure....
I so appreciate that! Another beautiful image and I love that perspective! I began today,
the solstice and new beginning with a deep belief in being transformed and I feel it. I LOVE
knowing that so many are gathered in prayer, I love the messages of love and healing.

There are high winds and rain outside and they feel beautiful and cleansing. I am deeply
inspired today. I believe in transformation, the ability to let go of old patterns and beliefs
and to be peaceful. So true, that the "more you are motivated by love, the more courageous
your actions" I have lived that lately.

I read and re~read your posts, they are so like beautiful pearls, I love to look again and again.
I just re~read having a "miracle-worker's faith" when in any fearful situation. Wow, these are
so healing to read. God bless you dear beautiful inspiring soul!

JAYNE, It is a beautiful wondrous time for us to to be alive and to Be.... with our Brothers and Sisters of Love.... Our inner Light beings are awakening and we're becoming what we were always meant to be....
Now is the time to embrace all that we are with Unconditional Love.... We are waking up the true beauty, power and divinity from within ... It is now time for us to shift from fear to Love and create a new world based on Love Compassion Peace living together as One .....((( ♥ )))

"Grace comes into the soul,
as the morning sun into the world;
... first a dawning,
then a light;
and at last the sun in his full
and excellent brightness.”
~Thomas Adams

The greatest wisdom is in simplicity, Love, respect, tolerance, acceptance, sharing, gratitude, forgiveness. It's not complex or elaborate. The real knowledge is free. It's encoded in your DNA. All you need is within you. Great teachers have said that from the beginning. Find your HEART, and you will find your way.

~~Carlos Barrios

Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

~~Jean-Luc Picard

The sun has a sense of all-pervasive brilliance, which does not discriminate in the slightest. It is the goodness that exists in a situation, in oneself, and in one’s world, which is expressed without doubt, hesitation, or regret. The sun principle also includes the notion of blessings descending upon us and creating sacred world. It also represents clarity, without doubt.

~~Trungpa Rinpoche.

As the lotus rises on its stalk unsoiled by the mud and the water, so the wise one speaks of peace and is unstained by the opinions of the world.

~~Buddha

Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever.

~~Isak Dinesen

Life becomes precious and more special to us
when we look for the little everyday miracles
and get excited about the privileges of simply being human.

~~ Tim Hansel

ENERGY OF UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
Use this energy and the best of yourself to create the life you desire. Remember to offer the best of yourself to make this world a better place for yourself and everyone else and by taking your power and keeping your focus always and in "ALL WAYS POSITIVE"!

Affirmations: "I offer the best of myself and my talents;
I am honored to be in service for the greater good of All." ♥

Attachments

• PHOTO CHILDREN SNOWMAN.jpg
    PHOTO CHILDREN SNOWMAN.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,468
went to moderator, so i hope it gets posted soon.

This is long but so worth the read hope it touches you like it touches me ♥

“The Lost Wallet”

As I walked home one freezing day, I stumbled on a wallet someone had lost in the street. I picked it up and looked inside to find some identification so I could call the owner. But the wallet contained only three dollars and a crumpled letter that looked as if it had been in there for years.

The envelope was worn and the only thing that was legible on it was the return address.

I started to open the letter, hoping to find some clue. Then I saw the dateline–1924. The letter had been written almost sixty years ago. It was written in a beautiful feminine handwriting on powder blue stationery with a little flower in the left-hand corner. It was a “Dear John” letter that told the recipient, whose name appeared to be Michael, that the writer could not see him any more because her mother forbade it. Even so, she wrote that she would always love him.

It was signed, Hannah.

It was a beautiful letter, but there was no way except for the name Michael, that the owner could be identified. Maybe if I called information, the operator could find a phone listing for the address on the envelope.

Operator,” I began, “this is an unusual request. I’m trying to find the owner of a wallet that I found. Is there anyway you can tell me if there is a phone number for an address that was on an envelope in the wallet?” She suggested I speak with her supervisor, who hesitated for a moment then said, “Well, there is a phone listing at that address, but I can’t give you the number.” She said, as a courtesy, she would call that number, explain my story and would ask them if they wanted her to connect me. I waited a few minutes and then she was back on the line. “I have a party who will speak with you.”

I asked the woman on the other end of the line if she knew anyone by the name of Hannah. She gasped, “Oh! We bought this house from a family who had a daughter named Hannah. But that was 30 years ago!”

“Would you know where that family could be located now?” I asked.

“I remember that Hannah had to place her mother in a nursing home some years ago,” the woman said. “Maybe if you got in touch with them they might be able to track down the daughter.”

She gave me the name of the nursing home and I called the number. They told me the old lady had passed away some years ago but they did have a phone number for where they thought the daughter might be living.

I thanked them and phoned. The woman who answered explained that Hannah herself was now living in a nursing home.

This whole thing was stupid, I thought to myself. Why was I making such a big deal over finding the owner of a wallet that had only three dollars and a letter that was almost 60 years old?

Nevertheless, I called the nursing home in which Hannah was supposed to be living and the man who answered the phone told me, “Yes, Hannah is staying with us. ”

Even though it was already 10 p.m., I asked if I could come by to see her. “Well,” he said hesitatingly, “if you want to take a chance, she might be in the day room watching television.”

I thanked him and drove over to the nursing home. The night nurse and a guard greeted me at the door. We went up to the third floor of the large building. In the day room, the nurse introduced me to Hannah.

She was a sweet, silver-haired old timer with a warm smile and a twinkle in her eye.

I told her about finding the wallet and showed her the letter. The second she saw the powder blue envelope with that little flower on the left, she took a deep breath and said, “Young man, this letter was the last contact I ever had with Michael.”

She looked away for a moment deep in thought and then said Softly, “I loved him very much. But I was only 16 at the time and my mother felt I was too young. Oh, he was so handsome. He looked like Sean Connery, the actor.”

“Yes,” she continued. “Michael Goldstein was a wonderful person. If you should find him, tell him I think of him often. And,” she hesitated for a moment, almost biting her lip, “tell him I still love him. You know,” she said smiling as tears began to well up in her eyes, “I never did marry. I guess no one ever matched up to Michael…”

I thanked Hannah and said goodbye. I took the elevator to the first floor and as I stood by the door, the guard there asked, “Was the old lady able to help you?”

I told him she had given me a lead. “At least I have a last name. But I think I’ll let it go for a while. I spent almost the whole day trying to find the owner of this wallet.”

I had taken out the wallet, which was a simple brown leather case with red lacing on the side. When the guard saw it, he said, “Hey, wait a minute! That’s Mr. Goldstein’s wallet. I’d know it anywhere with that bright red lacing. He’s always losing that wallet. I must have found it in the halls at least three times.”

“Who’s Mr. Goldstein?” I asked as my hand began to shake.

“He’s one of the old timers on the 8th floor. That’s Mike Goldstein’s wallet for sure. He must have lost it on one of his walks.”

I thanked the guard and quickly ran back to the nurse’s office. I told her what the guard had said. We went back to the elevator and got on. I prayed that Mr. Goldstein would be up.

On the eighth floor, the floor nurse said, “I think he’s still in the day room. He likes to read at night. He’s a darling old man.”

We went to the only room that had any lights on and there was a man reading a book. The nurse went over to him and asked if he had lost his wallet. Mr. Goldstein looked up with surprise, put his hand in his back pocket and said, “Oh, it is missing!”

“This kind gentleman found a wallet and we wondered if it could be yours?”

I handed Mr. Goldstein the wallet and the second he saw it, he smiled with relief and said, “Yes, that’s it! It must have dropped out of my pocket this afternoon. I want to give you a reward.”

“No, thank you,” I said. “But I have to tell you something. I read the letter in the hope of finding out who owned the wallet.”

The smile on his face suddenly disappeared. “You read that letter?”

“Not only did I read it, I think I know where Hannah is.”

He suddenly grew pale. “Hannah? You know where she is? How is she? Is she still as pretty as she was? Please, please tell me,” he begged.

“She’s fine…just as pretty as when you knew her.” I said softly.

The old man smiled with anticipation and asked, “Could you tell me where she is? I want to call her tomorrow.” He grabbed my hand and said, “You know something, mister, I was so in love with that girl that when that letter came, my life literally ended. I never married. I guess I’ve always loved her. ”

“Mr. Goldstein,” I said, “Come with me.”

We took the elevator down to the third floor. The hallways were darkened and only one or two little night-lights lit our way to the day room where Hannah was sitting alone watching the television. The nurse walked over to her.

“Hannah,” she said softly, pointing to Michael, who was waiting with me in
the doorway. “Do you know this man?”

She adjusted her glasses, looked for a moment, but didn’t say a word. Michael said softly, almost in a whisper, “Hannah, it’s Michael. Do you remember me?”

She gasped, “Michael! I don’t believe it! Michael! It’s you! My Michael!” He walked slowly towards her and they embraced. The nurse and I left with tears streaming down our faces.

“See,” I said. “See how the Good Lord works! If it’s meant to be, it will be.”

About three weeks later I got a call at my office from the nursing home. “Can you break away on Sunday to attend a wedding? Michael and Hannah are going to tie the knot!”

It was a beautiful wedding with all the people at the nursing home dressed up to join in the celebration. Hannah wore a light beige dress and looked beautiful. Michael wore a dark blue suit and stood tall. They made me their best man.
The hospital gave them their own room and if you ever wanted to see a 76-year-old bride and a 79-year-old groom acting like two teenagers, you had to see this couple.

A perfect ending for a love affair that had lasted nearly 60 years.

- Anonymous

Dear Sharon, Thank you for The Lost Wallet! Wow, I love those stories where divine guidance
plays a hand...so moving, it could be a movie! I love that the person who found it knew
somehow that he/she had to find the person and how he was guided like that!

I love your prayer too of awakening the light beings within...so beautifully said. All of the
writings today speak to that. I do feel a shift to light. I also feel a clearer sense of my
intuition lately too. I feel a hopefulness. I do see the "everyday miracles" more clearly.

I noticed that there is a movement going on~people offer 27 acts of kindness to
honor those who recently died. There are several face book pages about it and it moved
me. I love the thought~the energy of kindness and love.

Sharon, you have inspired me so much. I feel a shift in my being to a lighter state and
I so appreciate sharing this journey with you! I have seen recently that i have been
not as thrown my events and I choose my responses a bit easier. I am so grateful
for that and for you! God Bless You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back