Happiness now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a good article on changing emotional patterns, and I love that the
original meaning is to move through or out. I see for myself how I
intensify fear by repetitive projections and "what ifs" and knowing that
I am doing that again is the first step in changing. I think that is how the
positive affirmations are helping to break the repetitive cycle.

I also love the truth that we always are in control of our attitude and I
really love the reminder of that. That is the strength that I am intending
to build everyday.

I have also found that after some very intense emotional days, that a new
lightness emerges, and this I am very grateful for as I am feeling that today.
I go back to the very wise article on patience too, remembering that I can choose
my responses from my higher self and it IS there, even when I don't feel it.

So, for today, I feel grateful to feel more peace and this is the attractor energy I
choose! Love you!

Please join us in celebrating World Kindness Week this year from Nov. 13 - Nov 20th! This year, for World Kindness Week, we are asking the Help Others community to join us in participating in our Kindness Challenge - doing one random act of kindness every day this week!

If you are looking around for ideas, you don't have to look too far! We have tons of kindness ideas on our site that might help. We are also including some of our favorite kindness ideas below for you to share with your friends in celebration of World Kindness Week! Enjoy the Kindness Challenge and thank you for helping to spread the ripples of kindness and inspiration to the farthest corners of the Universe.

Kindness Ideas:

1. Write notes of inspiration and kindness on small pieces of paper and stick them in random books in the library for someone to find.
2. Leave thank you cards and notes of encouragement in your neighbors' mailboxes
3. Offer to wash your friend's car, babysit their kids, or take their dog for a walk
4. Cook dinner for a friend or family and drop it off at their house
5. Hold the door open for your coworkers
6. Give a note of appreciation to your friends at school, coworkers, or your family
7. Leave flowers on the doorstep of someone you don't know and run!
8. Give a random person an inspirational book with a note in it
9. Anonymously pay for someone's meal at a restaurant
10. Go to the nearest park or public place and clear up as much trash as you can

Remember to Share your Story!
The kindness stories you all have shared over the years have inspired so many others to perform acts of kindness. In the spirit of creating more ripples from your acts of kindness, please do take a moment to share a quick story about your experience and inspire others to do the same! If you have more kindness ideas you'd like to share, leave a comment on this story so that others can try them out!

"Kindness is the language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see" -- Mark Twain

Attachments

• PHOTO kindness_3.jpg
    PHOTO kindness_3.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:
GOOD MORNING JAYNE, HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD WEEKEND...Seasons change, time changes, weather changes, really all things in life change but one thing that is always certain is that our Wonderful God always stays the same. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. This is such a great promise, hope and encouragement for each of us. Hold on to this truth as you travel through this ever changing world. Blessings to you all. Peace Joy and Love in all your spaces ((( ♥ )))

++"This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness." -- Dalai Lama

++You have within you more Love than you could ever understand.
~ Rumi

The Invitation

It doesn't interest me what you do for a living.

I want to know what you ache for,

And if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.

It doesn't interest me how old you are.

I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love,

For your dreams, for the adventure of being alive.

It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring your moon.

I want to know if you have touched the center of your own sorrow,

If you have been opened by life's betrayals or

Have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain!

I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own;

If you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you

To the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful,

Be realistic, or to remember the limitations of being human.

It doesn't interest me if the story you're telling me is true.

I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself,

If you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul.

I want to know if you can see beauty

Even when it is not pretty every day,

And if you can source your life from God's presence.

I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine,

And still stand on the edge of a lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, "Yes!"

It doesn't interest me to know where you live or how much money you have,

I want to know if you can get up after the night of grief and despair,

Weary and bruised to the bone, and do what needs to be done for the children.

It doesn't interest me who you are, how you came here,

I want to know if you will stand in the center of the Fire with me and not shrink back.

It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied.

I want to know what sustains you from the inside when all else falls away,

I want to know if you can be alone with yourself, And if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.

- Oriah Mountain Dreamer, Indian Elder.

Attachments

• PHOTO EAGLE FLYING TO SUN.jpg
    PHOTO EAGLE FLYING TO SUN.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 13,511
What a soulful "Invitation" ~ every line of that poem is so moving. It makes me
think too, how I love reading about how others find their strength and peace
through dark times....I have always loved knowing that.

I run a little meditation circle, and our focus has been loving oneself~so interesting
that we teach what we most need to learn :)

I have come to accept about myself that I need a constant infusion of inspiring words,
meditations, affirmations, connections. I love the growing peace of self~acceptance.
A friend who sees auras said that she sees pink orbs in the auras in those that people
that are praying or are being prayed for. I love that and I am so motivated and
inspired to send my loving thoughts to myself and others.....

Sending you beautiful prayers and thoughts and so much love.....

Ask yourself: Have you been kind today? Make kindness your modus operandi and change your world. --Annie Lennox

Ten Amazing Stories For World Kindness Day

--by DailyGood Editors, Nov 30, -0001

November 13th is World Kindness Day! In honor of this, we've compiled 10 diverse and heart-warming pieces honoring extraordinary acts of kindness, love and compassion by ordinary people. These stories include bus-drivers, bakers, basketball players, canine heroes and much more...reminding us of just how universal and essential the spirit of kindness is in our world. Read on and be inspired to do an act of kindness of your own today.

1. The Angel of Queens: Jorge Munoz is a school bus driver by day and an angel by night. Every night for more than 5 years, he has gone home and cooked food for hundreds of people on his old stove. He then goes to a street corner in Queens, New York and feeds those that are hungry. He does this with his own money because "it's the right thing to do".

2. The Business 9 Women Kept Secret for Three Decades: "Somewhere in West Tennessee, not far from Graceland, nine women -- or "The 9 Nanas," as they prefer to be called -- gather in the darkness of night. At 4am they begin their daily routine -- a ritual that no one, not even their husbands, knew about for 30 years. They have one mission and one mission only: to create happiness. And it all begins with baked goods."

3. 21 Ways to Celebrate Life: After Nancy Rothstein's son, Josh, passed away unexpectedly, she was seeking a way to offer a tribute for family and friends to honor his birthday. With each passing birthday, she adds one more item to the list.On Josh's 21st birthday, true to her tradition, Nancy shared these 21 ways to celebrate life -- and shine your light in our world.

4. J-Mac: Shot of a Lifetime: Jason McElwain, an autistic high school basketball team member in Rochester, New York, served as the team manager and spirit coach for several years. On the final game of the season the compassionate coach let him put on a uniform with the rest of the team. What happened next you have to see to believe.

5. A Cab Ride I'll Never Forget: "Twenty years ago, I drove a cab for a living. One night I took a fare at 2:30 AM, when I arrived to collect, the building was dark except for a single light in a ground floor window." What followed was a life-transforming experience that blurred the line between giver and receiver.

6. An Ordinary Magical Life: "I met Shelagh Gordon at her funeral. My sharpest impression of her that day, as mourners in black pressed around me, was of her breathtaking kindness. Shelagh was freshly-in-love thoughtful. If she noticed your boots had holes, she'd press her new ones into your arms. When you casually admired her coffeemaker, you'd wake up to one of your own." The Star newspaper dedicated unprecedented coverage to this relatively unknown 55-year-old woman's funeral ... this remarkable story explains why.

7. Peace-Chain Reaction: April 23rd, a little after lunch. 1991. That was the moment Joe Murphy, decided that he would make something for peace. The details weren't clear to him at the time, but he knew that it would be something symbolic of connection, a chain of sorts. He knew that he would create small art pieces, and that he would give them away, and that he would do this for the rest of his life. This idea
evolved into the exquisite Peace Chains: a continuing series of ceramic pendants in vivid hues, each with the word "peace" etched into it in one of over 90 different languages.

8. A 15-Year-Old Dog's Gift to A Grieving Man: "I have the pleasure of meeting hundreds of incredible heroes, but this one caught me off guard. Your hair will stand on end as you read the story of this man and this dog who picked one another up time and time again...May we all one day have the chance to love this deeply…"

9. The Man Who Dined With His Mugger: In this inspiring audio clip, Julio Diaz tells the story of how he offered his coat to the man who stole his wallet, and of how the two ended up having dinner and a life-changing conversation together. Diaz's unassuming manner and steadfast compassion shine through his words making this a story hard to forget.

10. Designing for Generosity: What would the world look like if we designed for generosity? Instead of assuming that people want to simply maximize self-interest, what if our institutions and organizations catered to our deeper motivations? This compelling TEDx talk explores this question and introduces the concept of Giftivism: the practice of radically generous acts that change the world.
Kindness comes in packages of all sorts, shapes and sizes! These ten stories offer a small window into the infinite forms it takes in our world. May each one of us find our own way of expressing it, today and all days.

JAYNE, I LOVE YOUR WORDS ABOUT SELF ACCEPTANCE. IF WE ARE KIND TO OURSELVES THAN WE CAN BE MORE KIND TO OTHERS. I SEND YOU LOVE, LIGHT, AND JOY FOR THE PRESENT MOMENT!

Everything starts with love,

remember;

Love is the ultimate law.

Then prayer, mercy, grace,

follow of their own accord.

~~Osho

“God always has something for you, a key for every problem, a light for every shadow, a relief for every sorrow and a plan for every tomorrow."

Find that within you which is naturally happy
and spontaniously free!
It is the ultimate discovery
a human being can make!
~ Mooji

“Limitless undying Love .......which shines around me like a million suns it calls me on and on across the universe.”
― John Lennon

Attachments

• BABY WITH SUNFLOWER.jpg
    BABY WITH SUNFLOWER.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 824
I love the kindness revolution and the stories really move me! The phrase:
"freshly in love generous" jumped out. I recall times when I felt that rich
feeling~it was dependent on the love of 'other' which is wonderful, and
yet now I know that it begins with me and spreads out. How would I act
if I felt that feeling?

So grateful to see my friend today and remember that our time together is
sacred, my day is sacred, my thoughts....

I am inspired to sew kindness all day, beginning with my thoughts. I think
of this thread as having golden light! Thank you for the many kindnesses
that you offer from your heart! <3

JAYNE IT SO MUTUAL OUR FRIENDSHIP, PRAY THAT KINDNESS ENTERS OUR HEARTS AND LIFTS OUR SPIRITS! I SHALL THANK ALL THE PEOPLE WHO TAKE SUCH GOOD CARE OF ME!

"Kindness is the language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see" -- Mark Twain

We remain the same until the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of change.

~~Unknown

In my stillness I am the eternal possibility. In my movement I am the cosmos.

~~Depak Chopra

Affirm often: "I will allow the abundant good of the Universe to manifest through me now; in my mind, body, emotions and
activities."

And that is how change happens. One gesture. One person. One moment at a time.

~~Libba Bray

Love is something that if you give it away, give it away, you end up having more.

- Malvina Reynolds -

Being still does not mean don't move. It means move in peace.

~~ E'yen A. Gardner

Everything starts with love,

remember;

Love is the ultimate law.

Then prayer, mercy, grace,

follow of their own accord.

~~Osho

“God always has something for you, a key for every problem, a light for every shadow, a relief for every sorrow and a plan for every tomorrow."

Find that within you which is naturally happy
and spontaniously free!
It is the ultimate discovery
a human being can make!
~ Mooji

“Limitless undying Love .......which shines around me like a million suns it calls me on and on across the universe.”
― John Lennon

CLICK ON THIS PHOTO TO MAKE IT BIGGER

Attachments

• PHOTO MAKE FRIENDS WITH YOURSELF.jpg
    PHOTO MAKE FRIENDS WITH YOURSELF.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,039
Those words and the John Lennon song...I always loved that one and now I hear it
like a lullaby...so soothing! I love how songs come into my head somehow, and the
lyrics have messages.

I saw my dear friend yesterday and she gave me a beautiful angel pin! I was so moved
and honored and surprised. As were were visiting, the song "Peace Train" came on the
radio~it was a special and meaningful song to her...like a message again...so comforting.

Wow, I am so grateful for this...the question of what song is in my head, and noticing....
is it loving? Lately it has been and I love being aware of that. I am going to get that
John Lennon song today and I will send the good vibes to you in a melody!

I AM SO GLAD YOU SAW YOUR FRIEND AND THAT SHE GAVE YOU AN ANGEL PIN....THAT IS VERY COOL! I HAVE SONGS IN MY HEAD ALSO...I LISTEN TO ALOT OF SONGS ON UTUBE WHICH COMES WITH FANTASTIC VIDEO TOO! SEND ME THE LYRICS OF THAT JOHN LENNON SONG! THAT WOULD MAKE A GREAT POST ON THIS THREAD.

"To sit in a light-filled space of peace is to know that God's goodness is not only beyond oneself but lives within the self as well."

The flute of the infinite is ceaselessly playing and its sound is love.
Kabir

Compassion is not religious business, it is human business, it is not luxury, it is essential for our own peace and mental stability, it is essential for human survival.

~~ Dalai Lama

"Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don't unravel."
~Unknown

“Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.”
Mother Teresa

Be happy where you are right now. Make an agreement with yourself right now to appreciate, validate, accept and support who you are at this very moment. You can still sent your intention to have more of what you desire to come your way. This will happen faster when you accept the place where you are right now as being perfect for you right now.

Put any judgements about your past and that of others to rest. It is time to see the gift in the experience as well as know that by looking back, you are not moving forward. Release the mental energy and any belief systems that hold you in past pain or misfortune, as the faster you let this go, release, and heal, the quicker you will move forward. Do not despair, change will come.

Let yourself feel comfort where you and know that as you accept it, you feel peaceful and calm. Use this waiting time to help you see yourself and your world from the perspective of where you are now. Know that change always happens, so too will your life look different in time and you are always expanding to bigger and better ways.
~Sharon Taphorn

Attachments

• PHOTO LION CUB.jpg
    PHOTO LION CUB.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,113
The Twelve Commandments To My Happiness! I’m loving life and I’m happy like a fool! Here’s why…

1. I worry about nothing, I pray about everything! I don’t stress life anymore! I believe, “One who truly trusts in God has no right to be anxious about anything!”

2. I keep life drama free! (Most of the time!) I’m much calmer than I used to be and I don’t get so crazy about what other people say or do anymore! I’ve learned “People will hurt you until you decide they can hurt you no longer!” Nobody’s stealing my joy!

3. I have no fear! I go through life with the feeling that God is always with me and protecting me referring always to rule number 1! If my God is with me, whom then shall I fear?

4. I have a five minute rule not to stay mad or upset with anyone for more than five minutes! Life is too short! I forgive quickly and love extravagantly!

5. I’ve given up my past history! I live life from moment to moment! It’s as if I have amnesia! I leave the past in the past, but I remember the lessons it taught me!

6. I think about what I want, not what I don’t want or don’t have! Again, referring to rule number one!

7. I go with God living life in the present moment! I ask Him constantly, “What would you have me do in this moment?” And I take life one moment at a time! I don’t worry about the future or dwell on the past!

8. I may not be where I wanna be, but I’m better than I used to be! I look at myself as a work in progress! I don’t beat myself up anymore in areas that I may not have it completely right, I simply try to live each day better than I did the day before!

9. I live kindly! I’m generous out of self-interest because I know whatever I do to/for someone else, I do to/for myself! (That goes for the bad stuff too!)

10. I ask, “How may I serve?” For example, writing these posts every day has turned my life around! I feel I have this important work to do now! I’m on a mission make the world a happier, loving and healthier place, one person at a time starting with myself!

11. I’m bouncing around with gratitude! I’m constantly thanking God for everything! Even the bad stuff, I know they’re only there to grow me up!

12. I follow the 80/20 rule! In life and in relationships I try to focus on the 80% positives and I’m happy! When I start focusing on the 20% bad I’m miserable! In regards to that 20% I refer again to rule number 1 and I practice prayer and patience!

Live kindly, love extravagantly, trust God always and do good!

… and that’s why I’m Nikki So Blessed!

Attachments

• PHOTO CHILD AND RAINBOW.jpg
    PHOTO CHILD AND RAINBOW.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 4,216
I love the 10 Commandments to Happiness, you are a wonderful writer and
soul~healer! Every commandment is so rich, I want to post it where I'll see
it everyday.

The happiness I feel today, right now, is that I have more trust and a deeper
connection to God. Everyday are lessons and challenges and I know that I
truly have to stay close and trust God and my guidance.

I love that photo of the girl looking at the rainbow, I love the cat that sneeks
into the nursing home where I work, always out-smarting everyone :) ~ love
his persistence, my daughter's smile and loving hugs; the blessings of her
presence in my life, the constant realization that my fears were incorrect, the
growing connection with myself and others of like~mind and soul.

I will get those lyrics of John Lennon...great idea, I love how aware I am of the
'song in my head' lately. God bless you and thank you for your work, your light
your constant inspiration!

my early mornings alone,

I SPEND MY EARLY MORNINGS ALONE WITH GOD....THIS GIVES ME THE UNCONDITIONAL LOVE TO SPREAD AROUND THROUGHOUT MY DAY.

In the heart and mind of a child all things are possible. When they look at the world they are in wonder of the possibilitys they could do. For the impossibe does not exsist unless they have been taught that God does not exsist, magic and miracles are not true. Many children born before the world war were ones who were raised on the theries of Darwin and if something could not be explained by his understanding they just added another 100 thousand years to explain it. When mankind believes they are the only creators and there is no law or understanding above them they become nothing but the dust of the ground and any action they do while on the planet is jusified even though it could be the demise of all living creations. Be as children and make holy all things in your heart and mind and as adults you will be wise in the understandings of Gods love which you are a part of forever and ever amen.~UNKNOWN

May my heart remain open.
May I awaken to the light
of my own true nature.
May I be healed.
May I be a source of healing
for all beings.

Say this blessing for yourself anytime you feel alone, afraid or out of
touch with the Light within.

May you be at peace.
May your heart remain open.
May you awaken to the Light
of your own true nature.
May you be healed.
May you be a source of healing
for all beings.

Say this blessing for as many people as you wish. If worried thoughts
about loved ones occur during the day, take a moment to send them
a loving kindness blessing rather than a fearful thought.

"FOCUS ON THE HAPPY ENDINGS AT THE END OF EACH RAINBOW"!

Focus on the happy endings at the end of each rainbow, for if it did not rain, you would not be gifted with beautiful flowers and trees, and grass, and waterfalls, and...you get the picture?
The sun will rise again tomorrow. Look for the beauty around you and keep your thoughts on those things that bring you joy.
Value yourself, expect success. Stand tall and be confident. Ask your angels to step into your aura and guide you.
Your light is needed and together we can shine and bloom and be happy and spread joy. Trust that you are
safe always.
You are dearly loved and supported,
Always,
The Angels ♥

When your actions are motivated by love, your energy multiplies and accumulates. Releasing that energy allows it to be redirected and used to create anything you want. When your internal reference point is your spirit, you can harness the power of love and use this energy creatively for the experience of affluence and evolution ~.Deepak Chopra

Attachments

• PHOTO WAVE CRASHING.jpg
    PHOTO WAVE CRASHING.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 409
Those words are like angels...so golden and healing. I love the thought of
asking angels to step into our auras and guide...to expect their guidance
and to stand in confidence!

I love praying for people, I always feel elevated. I keep referring to the
article on patience, and the wisdom of allowing my inner wisdom to
act from m heart, the sacred place.

I know that comparing myself to others is an old pattern that I have
felt so limited by. I see the progress~I am able to catch it earlier, and
I can only feel peace when I compare to how I used to be, not others.
I am grateful for the progress. It keeps my heart open, as your beautiful
words say. I feel so elevated reading them...being a light to others really
helps!

So grateful for the joys of self discovery and love! God bless you and thank you!

Jayne I am so grateful this morning....
What a Beautiful day to share the Love :) I am so Grateful for Love ♥ For Peace ♥ For Joy ♥ For Family ♥ For Stillness ♥ For Life lessons ♥ For Loving Me and who I AM ♥ For all that I have and all that I AM I Am Blessed ….Thank you my friend ♥

Joy is the fruit of mindfulness. This applies to the mundane activities as well as the grand projects of life. The beauty of mindful behaviour is that it increases pleasure. Slowing things down in order to become more aware of them and of their effects makes it possible to savour the sight, sound, smell, touch and taste of what we chose with full intentionality. Conversely, acting reflexively and in haste numbs our senses. With time, we lose sensitivity to subtle aromas, soft notes and gentle movements.~ Richard Boileau

Kindness always matters......
Let your eye look with kindness,
Your tongue speak with sweetness
and your hand touch with softness.

~~Shivanand Saraswati

Your deepest roots are in nature. No matter who you are, where you live, or what kind of life you lead, you remain irrevocably linked with the rest of creation. ~

~~Charles Cook

There is a hunger, a longing, deep within your heart
And it has been there from the moment you were born
It is not this foolish longing for romance or money
It is not this hunger for success and recognition
It is not even a desire to be sur
rounded by beauty
The hunger that presses upon you so acutely
is simply the longing for you to reach again
the state of complete Oneness…

~~ Carrie Hart

Attachments