In the Interest Of Harmony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those weren't bad words....gezzzzzz

Very well said kiwi. It can be a useful tool. Its my new like button. But I still cant like you again....even though ive liked 3 since you...I'm not allowed to add to your reputation yet. How far do I need to spread? What if someone keeps saying stuff I want to hear.....

If it's any consolation Toto, I thought the "white tree" was a pawnbrokers sign.....:(

I thought it was a cloud.

"Approve" or "disapprove" implies some kind of moral judgment; this is divisive and dangerous, encouraging cliques and witch-hunts.
A much better alternative, in my view, is to include a "Dislike" button next to the "Like" button

What "like" button? Am I missing something again? ..... John, where exactly is your "like" button?

Lass, the like button was similar to f b's. If you liked someones post, you simply clicked on like and it let the poster know that it was enjoyed by others. But alas, one day it was quickly taken away. We stormed the castle walls, shared threads and wrote many pms. But to no avail; all fell on deaf ears. We would have understood but without notice or answers, we were all left in a quandry. This happened during an early spring cleaning back in January or February of this year. If you look at your notifications next time, scroll down below pm, vm, fr and eventually you will find the section that remains.

PS. Eyes straight ahead!

I'm no linguist but I see little difference between agree/disagree vs. like/dislike in this usage and certainly no moral one.

The fact remains we do not have the LIKE feature enabled at this time and when it was there was no dislike alternative associated with it, that I recall, please refresh my memory if I am wrong...anyone.

The point of the feature (in my opinion) is so members can express their feelings be they in agreement or disagreement with another member out of thread and post in question. That keeps the thread on subject and still lets people reference a specific post easily. To my mind that is less judgemental than posting within a thread were everyone else can read it and then jump on the band wagon or kick the downed member as they feel bolstered by the gang mentality either way.

Cliques and witch hunts are indeed dangerous. I think both are best avoided with more rather than less honest communication between members. Again, just my opinions.

Off to moderation. In addition, what Toto said! I fully expect current functions to follow suit of the LIKE button directly, all gone the way of the dodo bird without explanation nor reason given.

And we really miss that like button.

The "Like" button is truely missed. It allowed members who had issues typing to feel they were still involved in the conversation without the agony of typing a full response.
Moral Judgement might be a little harsh, more like opinion.

Wars start over judgements, but opinions are just a topic of conversation.

If I approve or disapprove, does it really matter? Just my opinion on the comment.

I personally like the feature, and I think the members that have issues expressing themselves can still feel included in the converstion by "approving or disapproving" a comment they feel strong about either way.

But, hey, just my opinion.

Cheers,
Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back