Newcomers "Meet and Greet" Rec Hall aka Party Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad to see people start wandering in.

Let me just say that I believe this is the first time EVER (and maybe the last) that I have referred to myself as an old timer lol.

For F&B tonight—or morning, depending on your place on the globe— we'll go with some of Compass Rose's suggestions...

There is homemade sweet potato pie, (just because I've been thinking about it) salt and vinegar chips, carmel popcorn with nuts, tea coffee, Stewarts root beer and cream soda. Also, we have a champagne fountain, rum and coke, and KC and the Sunshine Band is currently playing—(my hometown band 8))

KC and the Sunshine Band - Get Down Tonight (1975) - YouTube

It looks like many of us already have many interest in common. Anyone who wants to post photos of projects they're doing right now, or are finished with, the Rec Hall is a good place to do it. Maybe we could even have an exhibit from time to time (juried or not )

One question... where are the men? Are they playing hard to get?

Attachments

• champagne fountain 2.jpg
    champagne fountain 2.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 241
Sweet potato pie! Now that sounds perfect to go with my leftover turkey sandwiches tonight. And champagne would be so-o-o nice. Maybe later we could put on a little Leonard Cohen? I find him very sexy which makes my girlfriends shutter. But right now I need KC and the Sunshine Band to get me dancing.

I agree. Sexy

Laurel- i would really love to learn how to play the Ukulele! Have always wanted to play the guitar, but havent gotten around to it yet.

Liz I just signed up at the rec centre about a month ago. The instructor is fun and easy going. I understand that playing the guitar is much harder. Uke is a bit hard , for me as I have zip musical talent, but it is coming along. Our instructor traveled all over the world playing in a youth ukulele group.

I used to play guitar. I miss it. Heck, I miss working hands. Would someone PM and tell me how to make a thumbnail work? I've tried and tried. It just won't work. Liz, there are some great online tutorials. You can teach yourself. Believe it or not, I learned in high school. I graduated HS in FL, and guitar was actually a class. I took it, lol.

Hey, my book, Linked, hit 6k yesterday on the Zon. That's the lowest ranking it's ever had to my knowledge. I was pleased.

Don't know what I'd do if I couldn't read anymore.

Really? Hobby and reading moderated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back