Canadian Thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Everyone might be shocked if they visit Vancouver about now as gas is $1.41 per liter for regular today. A wee bit spendy eh?

Happy Thanksgiving my friends:)

Happy thanksgiving to you all.

Happy Thanksgiving to all up North ! ! Such a significant "family" holiday on both sides of the border. My favorite, actually. Blessings to all.

It's embarrassing to admit that I didn't know that Canadians have a Thanksgiving- obviously I didn't watch 'Due South' carefully enough- but now that I do know I wish each and everyone of you a magnificent festive holiday!

Thanks! Grateful- do the Brits have Thanksgiving?

No, we don't; I think that Thanksgiving was, in part, an expression of gratitude for getting rid of us which seems eminently reasonable! We English don't really have anything specifically English which we celebrate. The Scots, on the other hand, have Hogmanay which is in a class of its own.
So I shall think of you all enjoying yourselves and get back to my knitting; I had a fit of temporary insanity and embarked on creating a rug. I anticipate finishing it in another year or two...

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Canadians!

Ya, we Canadians will celebrate pretty much anything.:D

To all my Canadian friends on this forum have a great Thanksgiving weekend. Casey love the fact that you will celebrate anything.

Ha ha, Love it! Yes celebrate anything is a good way to live.

Casey, thanks for the mention of Al, Barry and Richard.

I hope all of my neighbors to the north had a great holiday weekend. In your honor I baked pumpkin bread—the first of the season at our house. 8)

Ok, yet another area of ignorance on my part; I'm not at all sure what pumpkins are, much less how to bake them into bread!

Perhaps a recipe would help?

You've never had pumpkin pie? Oh that's awful. Everyone should have pumpkin pie.:)

Great news! I checked - Sainsbury's sells both the canned pumpkin and fresh pumpkin. So- go ahead - make a pie, soup, bread, muffin, scone (yes pumpkin scones are delish), cake. Canned is easiest!:D

It's embarrassing to admit that I didn't know that Canadians have a Thanksgiving- obviously I didn't watch 'Due South' carefully enough- but now that I do know I wish each and everyone of you a magnificent festive holiday!

No pumpkin pie where you live, Grateful?!? That is tragic! Pumpkin pie is wonderful - so are pumpkin lattes, pumpkin bread/loaf, pumpkin muffins.

We had Thanksgiving dinner last night and it was wonderful. My mom really outdid herself. She made a new recipe this year, a leek and gruyere casserole, and the usual favorites, including a mashed sweet potato dish topped with nuts, stuffing, turkey, gravy, roasted carrots and of course, brussels sprouts. Pumpkin pie and spiced pumpkin/pecan cake for dessert. We are dieting next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back